INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Lockup between Ekos and PHD2 on Astroberry

• Thank you received: 9
Kstars is freezing for long periods, and sometimes crashing when issuing using captures from phd2 at the same time as captures from ekos. . I'm going to look at the logs and see what I can find.

Here's how to reproduce the issue. This happens when letting PHD2 sit there and take 2.4s exposures, and I try and do a capture with ekos at the same time. Ekos will sit there locked -- unresponsive while phd2 is doing it's capture. It eventually comes around after a caputure is done. If I stop phd from doing captures, then Ekos behaves normally. This is new behavior. I see this from dmsg:
"[Nov10 18:26] usb 2-1: reset SuperSpeed Gen 1 USB device number 2 using xhci_hcd"

That does not look very normal, but it seems to be doing OK. I wonder if that reset is the cause of the hang waiting on I/O.

Setup: RPI4 USB3 connections to cameras. Astroberry -- recently updated. powered ZWO 1600 PRO with ZWO 178 plugged into the 1600's hub.

Jamie
3 years 4 months ago #62664

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9
OK, so I've restarted all the kstar/ekos/phd2/indi components, and edited the profile so that it's doing: Mode: localhost, and checked the INDI Web Manager checkbox. Ekos is freed up now and seems to be responsive.
3 years 4 months ago #62665

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds