INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Astrometry issue with fitsviewer

• Thank you received: 5
Hello there. I've opened a MR about an issue I found with the fitsviewer and the ability to detect and parse wcs information.
This is here: invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/merge_requests/150

If someone wants to review and/or speak with me about it. That would me my pleasure.

Cheers,
3 years 3 months ago #63747

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
Sounds good, although I don't know what "cdfix" is. A way to unitary test this with an example fits would be nice.

-Eric
3 years 3 months ago #63758

• Thank you received: 5
The explanation is quite easy. Some RGB images have a CTYPE3 = 'RGB' keyword (for Aladin compatibility[1]). It implies the existence of WCS axis 3.
The missing keywords for axis 3 (e.g. CD3_3) assume their default values. The default value for CD3_3 is 0.0, leading to a singular matrix.

The Cdfix routine tests for it and fix it. In consequence there is no problem using it. And this is also the reason why we need to extend the size of the tab.

[1]: Aladin considers a 3D FITS cube as a RGB image (Red, Blue and Green components) if the FITS keywork CTYPE3 = 'RGB ' is specified in the header. In this case any BITPIX value are supported. Without the FITS keywork CTYPE3 = 'RGB ' set, only FITS cube with 3 frames sharing the same dimension and with a BITPIX=8 will be automatically detected as RGB FITS.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by lock.
3 years 3 months ago #63786

Time to create page: 0.478 seconds