INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Help with Stellarsolver

• Thank you received: 19
I've read a few posts of folks trying Stellarsolver and evidently very pleased with the results. I'm attempting to try it and I have not been able to solve a single real image. Simulator works fine, but real life, not so much. I've looked for documentation but have not found anything substantial. I appreciate a few pointers if some has a few minutes.

Thanks!

jmh
3 years 3 months ago #63776

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 109

Replied by Jim on topic Help with Stellarsolver

If the simulator is solving fine for you, then I would suspect you do not have the proper indexes loaded for your optical configuration. If you go to the Align tab in Ekos, then bottom right, click Options, and bottom left of the new window that pops up, should say "Index Files". If you know your Field of View, you can make sure that you have the proper indexes.

Beyond this, I think we would need to know more about your equipment.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Jim.
3 years 3 months ago #63777

Replied by fmozza on topic Help with Stellarsolver

My imaging scope is 120mm aperature, 900mm focal length, focal ratio 7.4. FOV is 67.6' x 51.1', imaging camera is QHY163M.

Index files available are shown in the attachment.

I've gone through the threads looking for some basis instructions, but it's all a bit murky. I've set up the simulator to mimic my gear.

Regards,

jmh
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by fmozza.
3 years 3 months ago #63796
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 420
You give preciously few details of what exactly is going wrong. Do you get an error message? Did you enable debug logs and can you share those here please? Can you post an example image which fails to solve?
3 years 3 months ago #63797

• Thank you received: 109

Replied by Jim on topic Help with Stellarsolver

It looks like you have loaded all of the index files. @rlancaste, are things working well now around not loading all files into memory?

@jmh Can you attach a file you are not able to solve? There really should not be much you have to set up to have it solve. I will let others address the question about documentation.
3 years 3 months ago #63798

• Thank you received: 17

Replied by Stefan on topic Help with Stellarsolver

Hi, had the same problem. The cause was too much indexfiles in the path.
Only left the required ones and some of the recommended there. Moved the other ones to a different directory.
Now Stellarsolve can load the index to memory and works very fast.

Regards
Stefan
3 years 3 months ago #63803
Attachments:

Replied by fmozza on topic Help with Stellarsolver

There are no error messages - it just spun and never arrived at a solution.

It turned out that I have some systems entropy I need to clean up - found a problem where I needed libcfitsio9 on Ubuntu focal whereas on the system that worked, I was running Ubuntu 20.10.

Regardless, once I cleaned that up, I was solving images (and very quicly too - between 1.5 to 3s!)

jmh
3 years 3 months ago #63816

Time to create page: 2.370 seconds