INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Alignment Settings not saved, guiding fails on "Failed to find auto star"

• Thank you received: 0
Solver fails when Solving Method is set to Internal Solver. When I change to Local ASTAP it works but this setting is not saved on restart/reboot.

Guiding also "Failed to select an auto star." and continuously fails. If I disable Auto Star and click a star Auto Star re-enables itselv and the entire process repeats itself. I'm also told to enlarge the Box but it's already at 128.

At one point after alignment is successful, it should stop where guiding takes over. However, both alignment and guiding were running at the same time. I did not have logs enabled for this part and am unable to repeat it.

I just updated to the latest yesterday via apt. Now running KStars 3.5.0. Log file attached.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_01-49-29.txt
File Size:95 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_01-49-29.txt
File Size:95 KB
3 years 3 months ago #64781
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First issue is confirmed is already fixed in KStars 3.5.1 Beta nightly release. Regarding the guiding issue, can you list the exact steps to reproduce this behavior?
3 years 3 months ago #64793

All I've done is set the scheduler. I've enabled Track, Align and Guide. So, after alignment it goes to the guiding process where it just keeps repeating this issue. I've tried changing the box size and hand-picking a star but to no avail.

I just attempted again on M44 and M3 but it seems to be doing fine now. I haven't changed a thing other than attempting to use PHD last night which failed for whatever reason (I didn't feel like looking into it). I logged out, went to bed, logged back in and now it's guiding.

I've enabled the Scheduler and INDI logs so I guess we'll see how it goes tonight.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Tim Trice.
3 years 3 months ago #64798

I'm experiencing the issues again. Obviously no rush on this but wanted to give the clear sky a shot and see how it went. This is my first attempt since my last post above.

Log is attached but noted time is after 1:03.

It continued saying it could not find an auto-star. When I would select a star it seemed to attempt to begin calibrating before failing, stating I should increase box size (I did to 128) and/or reduce pulse (I did from 1000 to 750 then 500).
3 years 3 months ago #64959
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.802 seconds