INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Where is the "Lens" info used/selected?

• Thank you received: 1
Hi,

When you set up a profile on the first page in Ekos, under "Select Telescopes", there is the option to specify multiple telescopes but also multiple eyepieces and lenses.
But where do you use/select the entered lens information? I can't find where to set this. You select Primary scope and Guide scope on the first page, but not which lens you use.

I entered the aperture and focal length for my William Optics GT 81, and the 0.8x reduction of the flattener (under "Lens").
But the lens has no effect since I can't select it anywhere...??

In the "Mount" tab, the telescope information is correctly imported, but neither here is any option to select my lens (the flattener).
Is it in this tab I should enter the calculated focal length (including the 0.8x flattener)? And in that case, why is there an option to enter the flattener information when creating the profile?

I'm confused... please advise me.

Cheers,
// Åke
3 years 3 months ago #64819

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Only the scope information is used in Ekos. The rest is used in KStars but not in Ekos.
3 years 3 months ago #64830

• Thank you received: 1
Thanks for the reply Jasem.
So this means I should enter the focal length x flattener reduction in Ekos for the plate solving to work best?

Cherrs,
// Åke
3 years 3 months ago #64831

Correct, for now enter the "corrected" focal length of the telescope.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Åke Liljenberg
3 years 3 months ago #64832

• Thank you received: 2
I was able to control two scopes with one instance of KStars. I'm using the INDI interface directly, not going through Ekos. Compared to most of you, this is a very rudimentary setup. We have a roll-off with two scopes (142 mm refractor and a 356 mm SCT) that we want to use for visual observing.

Once I "aligned" the two scopes (I'm doing this in broad daylight) and connected each scope using the INDI panel, the two icons appeared on the KStars map. If I right-clicked a position on the map, the drop-down menu gave me the choice of slewing either scope to that position. Seem to work fine.

In each case, the computer is connected to the scope hand-controller via a USB interface.
3 years 2 months ago #66579

• Thank you received: 2
Oops. I realize after logging in I got switched to another topic. The above was supposed to go to the Multiple Telescope Thread.
3 years 2 months ago #66580

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds