INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Weird segmented image with Ekos

• Thank you received: 0
I am using a QHY 178 and the image has segments, what is going on here?

3 years 3 months ago #64911
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is this only for first capture or ALL captures? I've seen some issues like this pop from time to time on some drivers, but usually on 1st image.
3 years 3 months ago #64923

• Thank you received: 20
I get those pictures after try to stream (which doesn't work) with my QHY268C (see github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty/issues/269). Sometimes these weired pictures are black/white like in the link resp the attached screenshot, but sometimes I also get pictures like yours.
3 years 3 months ago #64933
Attachments:

@knro

I did some digging and can confirm what @JuergenN found out. It is independent of capture but directly influenced by the INDI livestream.

In other words it works totally fine after startup. However as soon as you touch the INDI livestream ALL captures will end up like the attached image. So it seems like the livestream feature is breaking something regarding the driver.
3 years 3 months ago #64988

I think one solution is to silently capture and flush one regular image after video streaming is done. This isn't an issue with INDI per se, but with SDK.
3 years 3 months ago #65000

• Thank you received: 20
@maxxner22:

does video streaming working with your equipment? I can't use it, only see black screen in the live stream window and I get the weired pictures when capturing pictures after that. Bring my camera back to take normaly pictures I have to restart kstars. How is your experience?
3 years 3 months ago #65009

In general streaming works however I also noticed that sometimes I just have a black screen. I suggest to avoid the INDI streaming feature for now as it still causes the weird picture bug. You might want to try out other third party software just to view the stream.
3 years 3 months ago #65148

Time to create page: 0.744 seconds