INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

eqmod crash with latest stable kstars

• Thank you received: 94
Hi everyone
Log attached
Any ideas?
Cheers and clear skies,
Steve
3 years 2 months ago #65893
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 20
Hi Steve,
I had problems with lastest nightly build (eqmod, asi driver crashes with loop).
I purged nightly build and went back to stable ppa, no more crashes with stable any more as opposite of you...

Regards
ouioui
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Muller
3 years 2 months ago #65894

Reinstalled and wiggled cables. In sockets. Now all is well.
I apologise for the noise.
Cheers, Steve
3 years 2 months ago #65896

• Thank you received: 23
I'm having the same problem with NexDome and ASI driver from most recent build. Has anyone logged a defect on Github?
3 years 2 months ago #65903

• Thank you received: 107
I had similar issue on my Raspberry Pi. Compiled latest code from git and eqmod driver keep crashing. But compiling on second SD card same code worked. Deleted whole build directory but no go. Ended up wiping that SD card and reinstalling it from scratch and now it seems working again. Really strange. When run indiserver through gdb it end up crashed in getProperty() method on assert pthread_mutex_lock.c:62: __pthread_mutex_lock: Assertion `mutex->__data.__owner == 0'
3 years 2 months ago #65912

• Thank you received: 420

Maybe open a new topic for this since it really is unrelated to eqmod?
3 years 2 months ago #65915

Thanks for the advice Wouter. I wasn't clear enough, am also getting the same bug/crash on EQModI. The point of mentioning other drivers is that it appears that this crashing behaviour is more widespread than a single driver and therefor might give us a clue as to where the problem was introduced.
3 years 2 months ago #65918

• Thank you received: 420
Ah, thanks for the explanation :)
3 years 2 months ago #65922

• Thank you received: 165
This is fairly common version incompatibility issue with 3rd-party drivers whenever the base INDI library interfaces change as they are compiled with a certain version of the base INDI library and if the system has a different version installed, there is a good chance it won't work. There have been a lot of changes in the base classes recently so this is expected. Things stabilize in a few days as Launchpad catches up with the packages and everything falls back into sync. To fix this there should be versioned dependency between the packages (so that the 3rd-party packages would depend on the exact version of the base library they were compiled with), but Launchpad doesn't support that in an easy way (all drivers should be recompiled every time the base library is updated). The alternative is to compile the 3rd-party drivers yourself with the base library version installed in your system so that the interfaces match.
3 years 2 months ago #65945

Amazing! Thank you, I had a feeling it might have been something like that, as you mentioned the base classes have gone through a ton of updates, my next step before seeing this was going to be to recompile kstars/ekos.

Would that fix the problem?
3 years 2 months ago #65948

• Thank you received: 107
Then there must be some glitch for me because I compiled everything from source.
3 years 2 months ago #65957

WFM:
Don't include any source built stuff. Simply install the stable indi and kstars update from Jasem's ppa and run the stable version.

I think the problem is in the git. NOT the stable. Maybe start a new thread with the crash when building the git? It may get more attention that way.

Maybe a better idea to keep a separate Pi/laptop for testing or simply run your builds without installing them from the source folder.

Cheers and HTH
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by alacant.
3 years 2 months ago #65964

Time to create page: 0.669 seconds