INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

eqmod crash with latest stable kstars

• Thank you received: 165

That's possible, but I also compile everything from source daily and haven't had these kinds of errors (and current EQMod driver compiled today works fine with my EQ8). The important thing is to not have multiple versions installed in the system and always compile and install the base library first before any 3rd-party drivers, KStars or anything else that uses INDI.
3 years 2 months ago #65976

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 165

Recompiling KStars/Ekos doesn't help with driver problems but recompiling 3rd-party drivers with the system version of base INDI library should. Also compiling and installing the base INDI library first is even more fool proof, but not strictly necessary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Muller
3 years 2 months ago #65977

• Thank you received: 23
Thanks fo the reply jpaana - this isn't the first time I've done a compile from scratch but it was the first time I hit this snag and after pulling my hair out, I gave up. I got so stuck that I was going to need to do a reinstall of Stellarmate and given that I need to find a way to run my Paramount and dome remotely, gave up on INDi for a little while and moved to Voyager to do some testing on Windows so this has gone to the back burner for a while.

While Voyager works pretty well, I still prefer Ekos and will come back to trying to get it all setup once the remote site rig is integrated and shipped off. It will also one day be running Ekos, but for now I need a system that will work with a Parmount and a dome (which was what I was trying to fix in the source code when I hit the problem, but but this stage I was month behind schedule and needed to make a tough decision).

I'll start with a clean setup and start building from scratch and see if I can fix a few Paramount driver bugs and finally re-learn coding in the modern world!
3 years 2 months ago #66500

Time to create page: 1.781 seconds