INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos - Rotator (MoonLite NC) - Solver FOV and CCD FOV in align tab

• Thank you received: 20
Hello,

I'm testing a NC focuser/rotator in ekos with CCD Simulator and Telescope simulator, using Ubuntu 20.04.1 and Kstars latest nightly build.
1- start alignment ok
2- go to capture module and set a Target angle for capture and launch a capture, rotator started rotating as expected and CCD FOV rotate as expected in kstars map (see screenshot one)
3- go to alignment tab and do a capture & solve to check Solver FOV and CCD FOV (see screenshot 2) : Solver FOV did not change (CCD FOV became align with Solver)

I had seen Jasem's video in youtube and did exactly what he did but the behaviour is not expected as in the video
Link for video :

I thought that after point 3, Solver FOV will be aligned to CCD FOV and not the opposite. What do i wrong ?

NB: same behaviour with stellarmate 1.5.6

Thanks for your help,

Clear skies,
ouioui
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by ouioui01. Reason: add NB.
3 years 2 months ago #66385
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 19
Hi,

I am trying to understand the logic of this function. I don't understand why we have to calculate the rotator angle control to apply.

By example, after the capture & resolution on an object rotation =50°. I make rotation of the CCD Simulator with the arrows plus and minus PA field to have a good orientation. PA=-40. So I have to fill the Current Position Angle Control with 320° if I understand well. The system has all the data to perform this calculation, no ?
2 years 10 months ago #71080

You don't need to do any calculations yourself. After a single capture & solve, it automatically fills the data. You just need to set the desired PA.
2 years 10 months ago #71085

I can't get what I want. I do an astrometry on the object. Then I orientate the CCD Simulator for a suitable framing in the Rotator window with the up and down arrows of the PA field. Click OK. I capture a preview. I do another astrometry to check and it is not what I expect.

3 screenshots: first astrometry, framing into the rotator windows of the CCD Simulator, second astrometry after capturing a preview.
2 years 10 months ago #71087
Attachments:

Please make sure to also check the "Rotator" checkbox in Align --> Options. I just modified the tooltip to make this easier. Once toggled, it would send the rotator information back to Capture.
2 years 10 months ago #71094

Ok It works. I forgot this parameter and yet I documented it in my French Ekos documentation!

Thanks for all Jasem.

PS: Perhaps I am going to make a french Kstars planetarium documentation in addition to Ekos.
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by MORELLI.
2 years 10 months ago #71096

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds