INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos Plate Solving

• Thank you received: 4

Ekos Plate Solving was created by Jan

Hi experts,

It's been about 1 year since I did astrophotography again with Kstars / Ekos. So in other words a lot has changed in Kstars and fields have been added that I didn't have with the old Kstars.
I put the latest version of Stellarmet OS on my raspberry pi 4 with 4GB of memory. (I am not using a tablet, but an iMac via VNC)
When my entire setup was ready outside, I ran into 2 problems.
So I have 2 questions ...

Question 1
When I created my Ekos profile I created 2 telescopes at the bottom, namely "Skywatcher EVOSTAR 80 - 600" and a guide telescope "Skywatcher EVOGUIDE 50 - 242" on the primary telescope is also a Skywatcher Reducer / corrector, 0.85x connected.
So normally if I'm correct my total focus length is 510.
It doesn't matter what focus length I set to 600 or 510 it stays red. I suppose that color must be green or not?
So the question is what focus length should I put here? the ones in parentheses or something else ...

Question 2
As long as I have been using ekos I have never had any problems with plate solving. (as far as I can remember)
2 days ago I did a plate solving for this DSO IC417 and got the following message "Please enable Alignment Logging in the Ekos Logging Options". When I opened Ekos Option I didn't find a checkbox or anything to check it.
Could the problem also be that we had almost a full moon then?
The strange thing is that flat solving did work at DSO Pleiaden.
So if I have to check in something extra it is possible to take a screenshot of this and indicate what I have to do at Ekos Options.
Or is it normal that you get this error message during a full moon or a lot of street lighting?

Thank you very much for reading this and helping to find a solution.

Skywatcher Apo 80/600 EvoStar ED - Skywatcher HEQ-5 Pro SynScan GoTo - ZWO ASI294MC Pro - ( Nikon D500)
3 years 1 month ago #67808
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Ekos Plate Solving

1. Yes, use the one in the parenthesis since it is the effective focal length.
2. The times where I've seen this error is about lack of stars. Maybe I should add this since 90% of the time it's that.
3 years 1 month ago #67811

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Jan on topic Ekos Plate Solving

OK thanks Jasem for the quick response..
Skywatcher Apo 80/600 EvoStar ED - Skywatcher HEQ-5 Pro SynScan GoTo - ZWO ASI294MC Pro - ( Nikon D500)
3 years 1 month ago #67813

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds