INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Generate or import EKOS dark library. Is it possible?

• Thank you received: 0
Hello,

After yesterday's series of squatting exercises in the cold of the night, while covering guiding camera and removing cover I have though are there any easier way to do that? There were also issues with capturing and resolving stars, however I cannot yet say what exactly was wrong and how to formulate the issue when after switching cameras and trying to do polar align, EKOS stopped resolving. So i will retry and try to make some debug data.

Now returning to darks. As my ZWO cameras does not have a shutter, I would prefer to automate building a dark library so I can remotely connect to a laptop, running EKOS outside, while I am sitting at home. I have tried to do that by setting an image capture session with all possible exposure duration, gain, binning values with camera cap on and use those darks in the EKOS library. But simply uploading the dark files to dark library location does not seem to be working.

Are there any other way than just manually ticking dark in Alignment module and then try to capture manually bunch of images with closed camera cap and clicking though the pop up dialogs? This seems to be working, but it does not look the way it should be. PHD2 seems to have an option to build Dark library by by taking series of shots.

Thanks
3 years 1 month ago #67870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This system will go away. I have a plan to create a wizard to take your darks and save them each time you add a new camera to the system. Then it would take a series of darks and average them and save them for later use without asking you to cover/uncover anything. If a dark is missing. It will SKIP the dark subtraction (as to not stop the current workflow) and warn you to run the wizard as soon as possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
3 years 1 month ago #67873

• Thank you received: 0
OK. Nice to know.

By the way can it be related to camera driver or am I missing some settings. As usually subtracting dark frame resulting photo should become more contrast and in general darker as noise is removed. But in Alignment module ticking Dark frame checkbox results in a bright pixel mess (like gain and contrast was put put to max) or there are almost no improvement although dark frame in the FITS viewer clearly shows bunch of hot pixels.
3 years 1 month ago #67877

• Thank you received: 2
Do you plan to add bad pixel map like in phd2 ?. Single dark with uncooled camera add noise.
3 years 1 week ago #68699

Bad Pixel Map was also discussed. It might be easier to implement than the dark subtraction wizard I was planning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Long Jon
3 years 1 week ago #68700

Time to create page: 0.554 seconds