INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

RaspberryPi HQ Camera does not show in INDI Web Manager

• Thank you received: 4
Hello, i am trying to connect to my RaspberryPi HQ camera and the only way i have found so far is with V4L2 CCD and with its resolution very low at 1024x768.

I noticed on the web manager for INDI i do not see the RaspberryPi camera under the Driver CCD section.

I follow these instructions to install. I noticed the first command to add the repository does now work on my raspberry pi. I am using Raspian for the OS.
www.indilib.org/raspberry-pi/raspberry-pi-camera.html

Any help or insight would be great!
3 years 2 weeks ago #68402

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 30
I think it is in auxiliary drivers
3 years 2 weeks ago #68435

I do not see it there also.

I can see it when setting up the profile, but when the profile is started sent to the webmanager it fails.

See snapshots attached
Last edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by Chad.
3 years 2 weeks ago #68443
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0
I'm in the process of trying to set this up myself (sadly English weather has rolled in). I haven't gotten it to appear in the web manager yet but I did get it working by doing an "apt-get update" and "apt-get upgrade" *after* doing the apt-get install indi-rpicam. It then at least was functional in Ekos after that.

Also as mentioned on another forum post there's a command to spin up the indiserver from the console screen: indiserver -v indi_rpicam . I'm mentioning here in case you go that route and also get tripped up that the package name has a - and the actual driver has a _. That forum post can be found here:

www.indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/6990-dr...ty-camera/56051.html

Don't know if that helps or not
3 years 2 weeks ago #68447

Thank your for the input. I got much further with that command line to run it and did not use the web manager.

I attached my settings for people to reference in the future.

The streaming is disabled, but i can capture images.
3 years 2 weeks ago #68450
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0
I had this issue too. I traced it down to the fact that there was a missing xml file. I've no idea why it was missing. There's obviously something wrong with the installation bundle.

To fix, you need to put the contents of this file github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty/blob/ma...ndi_rpicam.xml.cmake into /usr/share/indi/indi_rpicam.xml and then reboot (or restart Indi Web Manager).
2 years 4 months ago #78013

Time to create page: 1.035 seconds