INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Question on guide rate

• Thank you received: 0
Hello,
I've searched the forum, googled the interwebs and gone line by line through Kstars/Ekos/indi control panel and I can't seem to find where the guide rate is set. I'm running Linux with the above named software as well as PHD2. If someone would take pity on me and tell me what I'm missing I would be forever grateful.... well I'd really appreciate it anyway!

Thanks,
Wayne Hilliard
3 years 1 month ago #68465

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 38
Guiding rates are set on the INDI device screen (The box that pops up when you start to connect) Go to your mount tab, and look for motion or something like that, if it's supported, you can enter and set your mount guiding rates there.
3 years 1 month ago #68473

• Thank you received: 109

Replied by nou on topic Question on guide rate

On guiding tab there is guiding rate field. But this is only to enter correct guide speed of mount so ekos can calculate correct pulse length. Real guiding speed is set in indi device options.
3 years 1 month ago #68491

• Thank you received: 0
Ok thanks.
I'm using the LX200 Onstep driver. Under motion control there is a guide rate for both RA and DEC but there is no entry box nor set button. Both boxes are set to 1 and can't be changed. Any suggestions? I'm asking because the mount I'm using is on old Celestron fork mount. I've added a dec drive and steppers instead of a synchronous  motor on the RA so no recommended guide rate for the mount. So I want to experiment a bit with rates.

Thanks again!!

Wayne H
3 years 1 month ago #68501

• Thank you received: 38
In that case, you must set the guiding rates on the mount itself. Via hand controller our mount software.
3 years 1 month ago #68502

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds