INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EKOS Align Doesn't Seem to be Working for Me

• Thank you received: 25
That's odd Richard. The solver should be working anyway!!! I have a scenario that can cause the solver to fail, which is miss-aligned scope. If your scope is not properly polarly aligned, and you slew to a target, the solver may not be able to work as it only searches within a predefined distance from the target coordinates. It happened to me when I was totally off.
2 years 11 months ago #69472

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 28
Mount is permanently on a pier; only the OTA and computer come in between sessions. The initial position appears to be fine, but I can check the PA next time out.

It doesn't appear that I mentioned before my error on the Gemini handset where the mount had been set for terrestrial tracking. I reset it to sidereal and closed and restarted EKOS between the reset and the log I posted. If the solver doesn't work next time, I'll take and save an image to solve on a load and slew to see what the apparent error is to help in troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Richard
2 years 11 months ago #69473

Another suggestion is to use the same picture for solving using Astrometry nova.astrometry.net/upload

You may want to double-check the failed solving if caused by the not expected sky zone.
2 years 11 months ago #69475

• Thank you received: 13
Each time the solver stopped working for me it was because I changed kit, scope, FR or sensor and forgot to tell it. Worth checking that the FOV it thinks it has corresponds to your actual FOV. I maybe the only fool who has forgot to do this, but its worth checking.
Max
2 years 11 months ago #69534

No change in kit at all. Solver worked at some points of the sky (e.g., near the pole and M81) but not others.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get out tonight to check.
2 years 11 months ago #69536

I'm out under the stars and got my issue sorted out. My mount was pointing a fair bit off, apparently enough to foil stellarsolver.

I did a cold start on my Losmandy/Gemini and issues seem to be resolved now.
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Richard Beck.
2 years 11 months ago #69544

Hi Richard,

I faced the same issue and looks like my scope was off as well. I was able to fix it by increasing the search radius from 15 to 30. I wanted to share this so as anyone in the future may find this helpful tweak...

2 years 11 months ago #70397
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.099 seconds