INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Flags location accuracy on starmap

• Thank you received: 41
I was trying to plan ahead a good composition for some clumped field of galaxies on Virgo. Centering any of the galaxies will give me a not balanced composition, so I want to center my fields on an empty place. I've tried to add a flag on this location so, I can see it on the next maps and I'll have someplace to goto. But I have discovered that with 3.5.2 is almost imposible to place a flag where I want.

On the next sequence you can see the popup menu that appears as I press on right button over the center of the intended field. Then I chose add a flag and fill the information. As you can see on the third screen shot the flags never land on the clicked coordinates.

I'm used the last 3.5.2 release on macOS and Raspberry PI with the same outcome.

Regards
2 years 11 months ago #69577
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
More details about this error. When I double click over an object it is center on the screen. If I double click again, it doesn't move. Also, If I put a flag over any object or star, this flag is correctly placed.

But If I double click over and empty space to center it on screen, the field is displaced to the east (leaving the intended target to the west of the center of the screen) and north or south depending on the latitude. If I double click on the new location, the sky moves again on the same direction and I can keep tap and moving the field forever without moving the mouse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
2 years 11 months ago #69579

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds