INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Maxdome setup - slaving to telescope?

• Thank you received: 19
I finally got the bits required, time and clear night to try out the Raspberry Pi setup.

After some initial teething problems with USB connections, I finally have the pi seeing everything, including the Maxdome. My dome only has the rotation controller, not the shutter portion. The home command works fine.

My problem is that I can't seem to get the dome to slave to the telescope mount (Losmandy Gemini). I've put in some values for stuff like ticks per revolution, OTA offset, etc, but after slewing the mount, the dome does not follow.

What config do I need to setup or look into? I noticed there was some settings for "snoop devices", but I don't know what should go there for the Telescope, if anything. I did some searching but I couldn't find anything about it.
8 years 4 months ago #6108

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

You should put your telescope name in there so the dome driver monitors the telescope coordinates. Make sure to "save" configuration so that it is used on the next startup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Ryan
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
8 years 4 months ago #6113

• Thank you received: 25
Yes, you should put the exact name of your telescope driver, as in the image.

And after enable dome slaving in the slaving tab.

However, I must advice you dome slaving is not properly working yet.
I need to debug and correct it when I have some time. Sorry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Ryan
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Ferran Casarramona. Reason: Add info
8 years 4 months ago #6115
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 25
I must point out my last assertion about slaving.

For fork mounts it probably works ok. I'm not checked it, but i suspect it works ok.
So if you have a fork mount, I would thank you if you check it.

For german like mounts, the problem is about which meridian side is the telescope, I suspect. But, if your shutter aperture is big enough and you telescope is not too much big, may be it's sufficient for you.

Also for high altitude objects (may be above 50º) the tolerance for dome pointing is big enough to use it just as it is.
8 years 4 months ago #6118

• Thank you received: 19
Thanks for the info.

I just got it all working now. It's slaving to the scope. I may have to tweak the amounts in the config, but it's a good start.

For all my devices, I've explicitly named them, so I know exactly what I'm getting.
8 years 4 months ago #6122

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds