INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Guiding fails after meridian flip

• Thank you received: 0
Hello!  I hope I'm in the right place to ask this question.  I'm running in to a problem wherein Ekos/INDI guiding calibration fails after a meridian flip.  I am using the internal guide module.  Guiding works well until the flip, so I think my setup is basically working, but following a flip I invariably get failures.  It seems like the guide module gets part-way through the calibration procedure, loses the guide star, and gives up entirely.  For guiding I am using an ASI290MM Mini via an OAG with 2x2 binning, a square size of 64 and a pulse length of 1000.  Possibly I have been very unlucky with clouds on every occasion, but this doesn't seem likely.

I was wondering whether there is any way within Ekos settings to get the guider to retry a failed calibration attempt.  The object I'm currently imaging requires a flip about half-way through the night, so the failure of guiding invariably costs me half of my imaging time.  Is the best workaround to configure only a single target in the Targets module, and enable the option which restarts the whole job after every failure?

I attach some logs from the most recent occurrence.  The post-flip alignment completes successfully at 2021-04-15T01:54:01.235, and guider calibration starts.  At 2021-04-15T01:55:30.650 guiding fails and the scope sits idle for the rest of the night.  Any advice would be appreciated.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_20-57-...15-4.zip
File Size:2,158 KB

2 years 11 months ago #70111
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 155
I just experienced this exact same issue last night! Did you ever figure it out?

- CEM120 EC2
- Lodestar X2 w/OAG.

PK
2 years 11 months ago #70349

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds