INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Driver indi_sv305_ccd was not found on the system. Please make sure the package that provides the 'indi_sv305_ccd' binary is installed.

• Thank you received: 7
I am running Kstars 3.5.2 on a Mac and just added the SV305 camera but when I start EKOS I get this error:Driver indi_sv305_ccd was not found on the system. Please make sure the package that provides the 'indi_sv305_ccd' binary is installed.

How do I fix this. I read a post about this on the RPI but it didn't seem to be a solution for me.

Thanks

Kurt
2 years 11 months ago #70124

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 133
That driver is not part of the standard indi environment, but comes from indi-3rdparty.
I don't have a Mac though, so I cannot tell you if/where you can get those extra packages...
2 years 11 months ago #70209

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Kurt, did you manage to find a solution to this? I am having the same problem and keep going round in circles.

This is a link to the driver
github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty/tree/master/indi-sv305

Here is a long thread about the driver development
www.indilib.org/forum/wish-list/6373-ind...ameras.html?start=60

If anybody could offer some suggestions on how to compile this on osx and add it to Kstars that would be super.
2 years 6 months ago #75096

My solution is probably not what you want to hear. I returned the camera. I bought an ASI 224 which was more money for less camera but works great with my SB106 scope. I have tried to compile on the Mac using a script I found on GitHub. The result was the compile failed after a couple of hours. Then when I tried to run Kstars version from the KDE site it would crash. I posted here but no one had a solution. Since I had a TimeMachine backup that was only a day stale I did a complete restore of the MBP. Probably not the advice you were looking for. In the end you might be more sucessful but I would have a current TM backup ready.

Kurt
2 years 6 months ago #75144

Hi Kurt - many thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. Presently I have 'bodged' a half way fix, by using Parallels running Windows running Sharpcap. But of course this doesn't provide guiding support.

I'm still struggling to get the SVbony working in Ubuntu with Kstars..
2 years 6 months ago #75161

Toby

Glad to help. I built a Ubuntu VM running under Parallels on a Mac Mini which I compiled from binaries using the instructions here at indilib.org. The Mini I mount on the tripod so there are short cables that are 6" long. The 2018 Mini has 4 thunderbolt and 2 USB ports so one TB post is open to to a TB network connection to the MBP if I like. This VM actually worked really well but I had some crashes which might be from the beta code. Anyway now I run a windows VM and use SharpCap Pro for polar alignment and kstars all running on the Mini that I remote into using my MBP and RealVNC. This might be a solution for you to build from the binaries on the VM. You can also run PHD2 on windows and guide using that. I think that that supports the camera under Windows.. Funny that the Unbuntu VM will download my 61 pix Sony in like 2 seconds and the Mac takes 6-8.. I have a USB-C 4TB M.2 PCIE flash the I connect to the Mini to store my images using Ekos. This works well and I take it to a Kubuntu machine running an AMD 32 core Threadripper I build from scratch is is about 6x faster that my maxed out 2018 MBP.

Kurt
2 years 6 months ago #75166

Hey Kurt glad to hear you've found some solutions. I think the mini attached to the mount is genius. I'm sure it's possible for the mount manufacturers to put the connections in the lower alt/azi part of the mount. Time will tell.

Early part of my journey but finding it frustrating to get to grips with the difference between visual and photo astronomy..

Kubuntu sounds really interesting.

I use Opencore to run osx on a self build.
2 years 6 months ago #75232

Toby

I started in February and every day I get smarter. Some day I will be smart enought. My mount is a CEM70EC and does have USB 2 in the Dec axis and on the base so most of my USB uses this but my guide camera and main use USB 3. You need fast download from the guide or the latency will hurt the guiding performance.

I looked at using Open core on my ThreadRipper where I run Pixinsight but someone discouraged me. It is a big push-up getting it going too. My USB cables are only 6 inches and the Mini has 4TB ports an 2 USB 2. The wifi works great and I can connect via TB to the MBP.

If you want to run Kstars on kubuntu you need to run the LTS version. The 20.04 doesn’t run Kstars. I crashes.

I have run Astroberry, StellarMate, and direct on the MBP but like the mini with external 4TB PCIE best.

Kurt
2 years 6 months ago #75235

2 years 6 months ago #75236

Time to create page: 0.984 seconds