INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars 3.5.3 Mac Beta --- Please test

• Thank you received: 1
I just installed and tried  Mac 3.5.3 and with the Simulators, I get a plate solving failure.  Same error as I am getting with 3.5.2 stable this month and posted earlier.  

"Please check you have sufficient stars in the image. Enable Alignment Logging in Setup Tab -> Logs to get detailed information on the failure."

Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Ron M.
2 years 10 months ago #71054

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 155
I tried again tonight with Mac OSX Catalina attached to a Linux Box running INDI WebServer.  It crashed as soon as INDI started connecting my gear - with a flood of Debug Connect/disconnect messages starting with the iOptron CEM120 driver.

Logs attached.

I tried again tonight with Mac OSX Catalina attached to a Linux Box running INDI WebServer.  It crashed as soon as INDI started connecting my gear - with a flood of Debug Connect/disconnect messages starting with the iOptron CEM120 driver.

Logs attached.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_20-45-20.txt
File Size:62 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_20-46-38.txt
File Size:10 KB
2 years 10 months ago #71055
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 809
Poison,

I believe the window issue you are experiencing is a side effect of the "always on top" behavior that I had to add several years ago to many of the windows in KStars.  It was necessary because on Mac OS X, child windows don't always appear in front of their parents.  Without adding that behavior, then you lose many windows behind the skymap.  Since the skymap is supposed to be the background window and very large, that is a bad thing if the windows you are trying to work with go behind it.  So, making those other windows "always on top" was the best compromise I could come up with until there is a way to make Mac windows work the same way.

Thanks,

Rob
2 years 10 months ago #71056

PK,

I think that is mainly an INDI issue not a Mac KStars issue?  Do you get the same issues when a Linux machine acts as a client?
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Rob Lancaster.
2 years 10 months ago #71057

• Thank you received: 155
No, when I run KStars on the Linux box via VNC, it works fine.
2 years 10 months ago #71061

• Thank you received: 223
Hello Rob,
While on the subject of a "window being behind", here's an interesting one.
<strong>Kstars > Ekos >  start </strong>the indi panel automatically opens up and stays behind the Ekos panel.
My question is, why do we have the Indi panel opening up in the first place? I do believe that wasn't the case before.

Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Gonzothegreat.
2 years 10 months ago #71062
Attachments:

The INDI panel has opened when you start up an INDI server for many years.  Actually I asked this several years ago and it seems that folks like to be able to immediately see their devices coming online, or at least that’s what I understood the reason to be.  I don’t think it’s necessary myself but if we take it away now I don’t know I might miss it also since I’m used to it now.
2 years 10 months ago #71064

oh I see, only happens when you start a local indiserver, I was just testing my old Atik Titan camera. My connection is 99% of the time set as remote.
2 years 10 months ago #71069

Found another thing which could do with a fix.
When deleting a profile in Ekos, the confirmation box appears behind the Ekos panel
2 years 10 months ago #71421
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds