INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Non-Cooled Guide Camera and Dark Frames

• Thank you received: 16
I seem to have a lot of noise or amp glow (or both) in my guide camera exposures.  I like the idea of the "Subtract Dark Frame" checkbox in the Guide Module, but I continually get a "No suitable dark frames or defect maps found. Please run the Dark Library wizard in Capture module" message in the status box when I do.  I suspect it's because the dark library I created for this non-cooled camera doesn't have a listed temperature for the dark masters (snapshot below), so Ekos cannot find a suitable dark frame.

Unless I'm missing something for creating a dark library for a non-cooled camera, I think Ekos needs an additional flag to NOT select a master dark based on temp, or allow me to specify a temp for the dark frame, or maybe even extract a valid temp from a temp sensor (like the EAF or something).  Extracting the sensor temp from my main cooled camera would be a mistake because the guide camera would/should be close to ambient.

Thoughts/ideas?

2 years 11 months ago #70635
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Temperature is already not a consideration as you can see by the invalid temperature there. So if it is complaining, then it's either duration or binning. Is the guide frame binned 2x2?
2 years 11 months ago #70637

Yes, it certainly is/was.  There is something strange going on.  I changed the Guider and Via pull-down menus a few times and it started working.  Seems there is something that's not loaded up correctly on initial startup?  I tried disconnecting and reconnecting, etc.  Working now - thanks.

2 years 11 months ago #70643
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 139
That image shows your main camera is selected, not your guide camera, so that's why there's no suitable frames.
2 years 11 months ago #70651

Hmm - that's true. I'm certain I had the guide cam selected when I ran it - seen the behavior more than once. I'll watch it a bit closer, thanks.
2 years 11 months ago #70657

Time to create page: 1.611 seconds