INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Script Manager - does not execute any type of script

• Thank you received: 19
I am looking for ANY script that is known to work for anyone using script manager and the pre-capture, pre-job options - don't really care what it does, but I want to see syntax as it look in the script manager window and inside the script - I have a simple working script that can run via console with no issues and talk to indiserver....it can getprops and setprops ....but the moment I use it in script manager I can see it being looked at by EKOS and then nothing - none of the content runs - YES it is chmod +x and have also tried in /usr/bin .....there must be someone that has run a script in that tool - BTW I ALSO tried the demo python script form documentation and no luck either...this will be something very simple I am sure - THANKS IN ADVANCE
2 years 11 months ago #70728

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I just tested and it works OK. I created this script in bash and named it pre_job.sh:
#!/bin/bash

touch ~/pre_job_ok.txt

exit 0

selected it as the pre-job script and then checked and the pre_job_ok.txt file was indeed created.
2 years 11 months ago #70730

Wierd...running your script I ONLY see "executing pre job........." and the please wait spinning icon at the "expose" box - never moves on to actually running job - what version kstars/indi you have loaded?
2 years 11 months ago #70733

3.5.3 on Ubuntu 20.04. This happens with simulators?
2 years 11 months ago #70737

I have full real devices running - the same script I can execute in console and actually take images -...but even good old echo "hello world" will not actually run - all the logs show ekos san see the script and logs it is execurion - then an indefinite wait

will also try with sim and report back
2 years 11 months ago #70738

OK with SIMULATOR your script works - I have no idea what would be the diff here...with real device it is no go
since your script is only using linux touch and no work with indi it should be the same for both cases
2 years 11 months ago #70740

I JUST got YOUR script to run while using my QHY 182 - restarted kstars et al....another test coming up
2 years 11 months ago #70741

and NOW it works!!!!! I will assume that there is some locked setting or dynamic config that was wrong...testing and will gat back if this works - one question should PRE-CAPTURE script fire before each capture of say a 10 sub group? - I see it going the First capture but there is only the one execution (testing with 5 x 60 second)
2 years 11 months ago #70742

What I am trying to do is trigger indi_setprop "QHY CCD QHY294PROC-4e75.CCD_EXPOSURE.CCD_EXPOSURE_VALUE=5" prior to each sub - with an exposure just less than the main camera this would achieve dual cam operation without the need for sync...since dither stope the next sub, if the script is only triggered when the sub starts you can effectively fire off matching images and not lose frames on dither and flip :-).....but that is IF it triggers at the right time - this also gets rid of the need for a second instance of indi for the second camera - I can pre set cooler and other settings with indi control panel one time and then issue this one simple line to capture the required exposure...this is far better than what I was doing with two instance in separate desktops
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Derek
2 years 11 months ago #70744

I never thought about approaching it from this way, this is actually a pretty smart way to go about it.
2 years 11 months ago #70747

it is close - I get a single image in fitsviewer but no fits files stored anywhere - if that pre-capture went by sub vs group it would be excellent - there must be a way to default save images somewhere - perhaps a temp directory?
2 years 11 months ago #70750

lol - got it - defaultt for save is client...set to local and it saves to the drive whn triggering by INDI control panel....that is one more step forward....
2 years 11 months ago #70751

Time to create page: 0.925 seconds