INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Flat Calibration

• Thank you received: 2
  Hello,I use a PI4 with Stellarmate, an AZEQ6 mount, a QHY294M camera for imaging, a QHYFW3 filter wheel connected directly to the camera, a QHY5III178C camera for guiding, a focuser, all controlled on VNC with PC DELL on Windows 10. I control the mount, the focuser, the GPSD and the QHY294M camera directly from Kstars which runs on the Stellarmate and the PI4. So I use EKOS and INDI drivers.For the guidance, I had problems with the internal guidance of EKOS. I use PHD2 which runs on the PI4 and is called by EKOS as external guider. Finally, for the PolarMaster camera that was conflicting with EKOS, I finally run the software directly from Windows 10. First, my new TS 130mm telescope requires me to do flats every session. So I use the Calibrate function on EKOS on the SM. Everything works. I analyze my flats by looking at the statistics in the FITS window. When after looking at the statistics, I switch to FITS in histogram mode, Kstars crashes. I have to restart Kstars and EKOS. The QHY294M camera is no longer functional. I have to unplug the USB port of the camera, restart Kstar, EKOS, reset the driver of the camera and re-set all the information of the QHY294M camera (name of the light files, gain, offset, filter, etc.) in EKOS. Not normal, isn't it? Thanks for your help. Hello,I use a PI4 with Stellarmate, an AZEQ6 mount, a QHY294M camera for imaging, a QHYFW3 filter wheel connected directly to the camera, a QHY5III178C camera for guiding, a focuser, all controlled on VNC with PC DELL on Windows 10. I control the mount, the focuser, the GPSD and the QHY294M camera directly from Kstars which runs on the Stellarmate and the PI4. So I use EKOS and INDI drivers.For the guidance, I had problems with the internal guidance of EKOS. I use PHD2 which runs on the PI4 and is called by EKOS as external guider. Finally, for the PolarMaster camera that was conflicting with EKOS, I finally run the software directly from Windows 10. First, my new TS 130mm telescope requires me to do flats every session. So I use the Calibrate function on EKOS on the SM. Everything works. I analyze my flats by looking at the statistics in the FITS window. When after looking at the statistics, I switch to FITS in histogram mode, Kstars crashes. I have to restart Kstars and EKOS. The QHY294M camera is no longer functional. I have to unplug the USB port of the camera, restart Kstar, EKOS, reset the driver of the camera and re-set all the information of the QHY294M camera (name of the light files, gain, offset, filter, etc.) in EKOS. Not normal, isn't it? Thanks for your help.
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Christian Voirol.
2 years 9 months ago #72106
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Flat Calibration

Hello Christian,

Is this with KStars 3.5.3 stable? If yes, do you mind running KStars via Ekos Debugger (it's in the desktop). If KStars crashes, Ekos Debugger should catch this and then you can upload the crash log here so we can check what's causing this.
2 years 9 months ago #72113

Replied by Christian Voirol on topic Flat Calibration

Hello Jasem,

Thank you for your super-fast answer. I will try asap and I will reply.

Best regards
Christian
2 years 9 months ago #72114

Replied by Christian Voirol on topic Flat Calibration

Dear Jasem, I have taken the time to detail the June 10, 2021 session minute by minute. My goal was to document the problem in connection with the FITS and Calibrate window. But nothing went as planned. Before leaving, I had updated my StellarMate. The system updated 28 components. From then on, preparing flats with Calibrate was not a problem. Switching the display in the FIT window from "Histogram" to "Statistics" which was crashing Kstar works perfectly (Grrr! I hate these bugs which are not reproducible). After the update, I even noticed that Calibrate saved the settings, which was not the case before. For this problem, the case is solved. Thank you.Best regardsCVO
2 years 9 months ago #72283

Time to create page: 0.993 seconds