INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Polar alignment and park position

• Thank you received: 0
The polar alignment tool starts the procedure with the weight down (this is the default/home park potion) . My telescope park position is with the weight in the horizontal position. Now the question is if I un-park the telescope and point the pole star (the weight are not down), can I start the polar alignment tool or is a "must" start with the weight down?

2 years 10 months ago #72161

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 565
In v3.5.2 and after, the polar alignment can work when started pointed anywhere in the sky, and thus the weights don't need to be down when starting. Honestly, even before that, with the old scheme which required pointing near the pole, I don't believe it required weights down at the start.

So, if you're using 3.5.2 or 3.5.3, you can unpark, use the Ekos mount control to move the telescope anywhere you have a good view of the sky, and start the polar alignment procedure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grimaldi
2 years 10 months ago #72166

• Thank you received: 0
Thank you for the clarification. Regarding the weight down I read this need in the tutorial. Your help is very very useful to avoid the mentioned workflow. I have to check the version.....
2 years 10 months ago #72189

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds