INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Missing filter tag in FITS header

• Thank you received: 8
Hi Jasem,

Thanks for the fix. I will try to do an engineering test later today. I will have to do my own build since I'm on ArchLinux/Manjaro at home.
2 years 7 months ago #74793

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
I'm also seeing this issue with a ZWO EFW and ZWO ASI183MM. Hopefully your fix will correct it.
Is there a workaround maybe changing the filter before kicking off a schedule?
2 years 7 months ago #74871

Terry,

Best way around this is to make sure the EFW is in a different spot to what is needed before starting the run.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terry McKnight
2 years 7 months ago #74927

Jasem,

I tried a local build from that PR branch of yours, still not working. I can recreate the problem.

If you can tell me what I can do to capture verbose logging of what is happening between KStars and INDI that might show what is happening. I have debug logs on but to see the XML requests going through might help.

Cheers
Will
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Will Gauvin.
2 years 7 months ago #74928

Sorry Jasem, maybe a false alarm. I just double checked the directory where I did the build and the git repo was pointing to master not your branch. I will do a new build and try again. Hold tight
2 years 7 months ago #74930

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks Will.
2 years 7 months ago #74934

Hey Jasem,

Definitely not working on a RPi with the build. I did a complete rebuild using your branch. I tried from both the Scheduler and Capture modules. If I've not used the FW it fails to add the filter on the first images in the capture sequence. After the FW has moved it adds the filter.

I will have to double check on my x86_64 server to see if this exists there or if it's a RPi4 thing.

If you can tell me how I can snoop on the XML requests to the INDI server I might be able to capture those and attach it to this thread.

Cheers
Will
2 years 7 months ago #74939

Hey Jasem,

So I can't reproduce this on my x64 Linux server, not even on the public 3.5.4. However, it still doesn't work on the with my RPi 4 running a 64-bit Linux, it sounds like it could be potentially a race condition.

My x64 server is has a AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor, so it has 12 threads, and it has 32 GB of memory.  My RPi has on 4 GB memory.
2 years 7 months ago #74961

• Thank you received: 7
I have this same problem using my RPi as a server at the mount. It saves the Filter keyword on the very first file captured after startup but then none afterwards. Been this way for a while. I am running Stellarmate OS on the RPi and  used Software Updater to update the OS yesterday before my run last night. Not having the Filter designation keyword in the Fits Header is inconvenient when using Weighted Batch Preprocessing Script 2 in PixInsight. All the frames (including Flats) have to be added using the Add Custom button which then requires filling out by hand information about the files. Also my Mac version (3.5.5) of KStars/Ekos does not record the Filter keyword in the Fits Header when capturing files - normally use this set up when recording Flats with my indoor panel. I am using the ZWO ASI6200 MM and EFW filter wheel.
2 years 5 months ago #76424

In the ASI6200 tab in INDI Control Panel --> Options, what's "Filter" set to?
2 years 5 months ago #76436

• Thank you received: 7
Jasem, when there is no Filter info in the Fits header, that field was empty. I discovered this today on my surrogate RPi (duplicated OS) inside (I bring in the telescope when not imaging at night and leave the operational RPi on the mount, so won't be able to test this on the real set up until the next observing session). Here is what I am seeing. When I connect the INDI server via Ekos, it connects immediately to the camera and EFW. The Capture window shows the camera and filter wheel.  I normally have a sequence of exposures with different filter wheel selections like LRGB, which I build manually using the filter drop down menu.  When the sequence is running, if I watch the ASI6200 tab/Options/Filter in the INDI Control Panel it sometimes just randomly goes blank and stays blank for the rest of the sequence, even if the filter changes. Otherwise the value in that field is "ASI EFW" as normal. So of course if the Snoop value is blank in the Options tab, I get no Fits header keyword for Filter. When this happens the FW drop down menu in the Capture window also goes blank, --.  This happens without any operator intervention. I will turn on verbose logging on my next night time run and keep an eye on the Snoop value and the FW drop down menu and try to send a log file. Thanks for your question.
2 years 5 months ago #76460

Is it possible you're loading a sequence file that has a filter wheel as blank "--" ?? or this happens randomly? I just connected with ASI EFW + 178MC and tried to reproduce the behavior but couldn't.
2 years 5 months ago #76467

Time to create page: 0.936 seconds