INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

analyze: numerical values not displayed correctly: latest git

• Thank you received: 94
Hi everyone
Kubuntu 20.04
Dell laptop: 1366 x 768. Display as the attachment. Some of the fields are missing digits.
Only happens with the latest git. Could we roll back to the stable version where this is not an issue or perhaps make it an option?
Cheers and clear skies,
Steve

2 years 9 months ago #72628
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 565
Steve,

Nothing has changed in analyze in many months (other than allowing more synonyms for the filter names). I suspect what you're seeing has been there all along and is related to the screen resolution and window width, though I can't explain why you only see it on the latest git. Perhaps something else changed the overall window width in the latest git? You might try experimenting with widening the window or adjusting your resolution. (I believe it would likely work better with 1900x1080 or 1900x1200, but I understand you might not choose to use that).  I could do a better job, I suppose, defining widths for the various fields in the display, or using a smaller font, but it's very hard to know how to get that to work for all the possible resolutions people might use or fonts people might prefer. 

Hy
2 years 9 months ago #72652

Thanks Hy
Yeah. Strange.
Here's a shot with the stable version where the values are all visible:
photos.app.goo.gl/edwgxuBdZrZ5GNCh7
2 years 9 months ago #72653

• Thank you received: 420
Perhaps it is related to a change in QT or a config setting for QT? It looks like a display issue to me. Does it also happen if you try with a different screen resolution?
2 years 9 months ago #72655

Found it:
'Application Style':
Thanks everyone.

2 years 9 months ago #72658
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 565
Steve,

Please explain (I have never actually seen that application-style menu).
Does Analyze work better with one style than the other?
Which is good/bad?

Thanks,
Hy
2 years 9 months ago #72709

Hi Hy,

This is Kubuntu 20.04 where every part of the display is configurable. For example on anlayze, the Breeze style gives room for only one digit to the left of the decimal point whereas the Fusion style allows display of two or more, which is good for those of us using smaller 14" displays on old laptops @ 1366 x 768 maximum resolution.
I think that on other desktops -which are less configurable- the same effect is achieved by changing the global theme.

Please accept my apologies for the noise.
Cheers and clear skies,
Steve
2 years 9 months ago #72712

• Thank you received: 133
Guess I'l have to check that, too.  When I tried the latest git last time I had also noticed that the icon sizes had changed, and my kstars toolbar no longer fitted the (unchanged) window width.  I had not investigated further, as that version kept crashing and I have reverted back to an earlier one....

2 years 9 months ago #72718

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds