INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Is it possible to assign and recall module settings by selected device?

• Thank you received: 1
I tried posting this yesterday, but it didn't seem to process and after waiting a while, it didn't appear in the My Topics section; so if it does appear, apologies for double posting.

This might sound a bit of a naive question but I've only been using Ekos for about six months, and am still getting orientated with the system.  What I've been looking save module settings based on camera/scope selection, so instead of having to go through the module each time and set the correct values for the device in use attempting to find some way to recall the last used settings based on camera or scope selection.
The thing what I'm looking to do, is (as an example, using the align module as reference) when selecting the guide camera for doing alignment with the system up the internal solver with the profile tailored for it, maybe the "use darks" checked as well, but when switching to the imaging camera having it automatically load the configuration for that, so say passing the solving off to astap with settings tailored for that.  That's roughly where the thought came from as there's a couple of times I've crashed the system as the internal solver doesn't really handle my imaging camera that well and I've forgotten to change the profile; though that's a limitation of operating system/Raspberry Pi rather than Ekos itself.
Also similar to this, would be with the focus module, so based on scope/camera being able to save/recall things like min/max step sizes, move speed, backlash and the like.
Is it possible to currently do this in Ekos?  Am I missing something somewhere, or is it something that isn't implemented?
Thanks in advance for any pointers or advice on this.
2 years 9 months ago #72661

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds