INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos no see equipment

• Thank you received: 0
Hello,
I met problem when connect equipment to ekos, as picture you see that indi connect at well to our equiment. 
Before i jz start indi then go to elos to active equipment and work normal. Recent i need to reinstall all equiment to find some errors, but after reinstall i found this issue.
SUM:
+Equipment connected and power well
+Indi server found equipment
+Ekos no see connection, but not for all but error in guide asi1600mm, prime camera qhy183 only, mount 40cem can connect normal. 
Especial, prime Cam no see, but its wheel can connect, bur when i reinstall driver yesterday, wheel could not connect anymore.

When i use another laptop, indi and ekos on it for these equiment work normal.
I really love to run Ekos for goto calibration, i can’t play without it.
Please help. 
   Hello,
I met problem when connect equipment to ekos, as picture you see that indi connect at well to our equiment. 
Before i jz start indi then go to elos to active equipment and work normal. Recent i need to reinstall all equiment to find some errors, but after reinstall i found this issue.
SUM:
+Equipment connected and power well
+Indi server found equipment
+Ekos no see connection, but not for all but error in guide asi1600mm, prime camera qhy183 only, mount 40cem can connect normal. 
Especial, prime Cam no see, but its wheel can connect, bur when i reinstall driver yesterday, wheel could not connect anymore.

When i use another laptop, indi and ekos on it for these equiment work normal.
I really love to run Ekos for goto calibration, i can’t play without it.
Please help. 

2 years 8 months ago #73201
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by Kevin Ross on topic Ekos no see equipment

Unfortunately, the INDI Server for Windows has been abandoned by its author, and hasn't been updated in 2 years.

KStars/Ekos is meant to use INDI (or INDIGO) drivers, not ASCOM drivers. If you want to use KStars/Ekos on Windows, you have a couple options:

1. Install Ubuntu into a virtual machine in Windows, and add the KStars PPA, and install INDI and KStars. You would need to enable USB passthrough in the VM. People have had varying levels of success with this.

or

2. Get a Raspberry Pi (they are cheap), mount it on the scope, install just INDI on it. Then KStars/Ekos will run on your Windows machine, and connect over the network to the INDI drivers on the Raspberry Pi. Many people go this route, including myself.

I hope this helps.
2 years 8 months ago #73208

• Thank you received: 0
As your suggestion, im on the way study VM.
Thanks
2 years 8 months ago #73227

Time to create page: 0.802 seconds