INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars/Ekos Crashes While Guiding

• Thank you received: 1
I’m not completely sure I’m posting this in the proper location, but I can’t seem to find any other info about what is happening.  If this should be posted elsewhere please let me know.

Problem:
Kstars crashes while guiding is active.

Background:
I’m running the latest version of Kstars on MacOS. I have a RPi4 running Astroberry and connect to it remote from the Mac to control my imaging sessions. I’ve had great success with this set up until the most recent update/upgrade. I updated Astroberry and Kstars. At that point Kstars began crashing after the first two or three frames were captured. The crash only seems to take place while I have guiding active. I’m using the internal guider, but have not tried PHD2 at this point.  Has anyone else been experiencing this issue/crash. I’m grateful for any help you can offer. 

I believe I’ve captured debug logs and can supply those if needed. (I’m on my phone at the moment and away from the imaging comp.)
2 years 9 months ago #73213

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
Last night I also had some crashes of kStars/Ekos both running on macOS with a remote connection to RPI4, but I was using PHD2 for guiding. I was trying to improve my auto guiding using PHD2 diagnostic tools and the guiding was running during the crash, but not the internal guider. I did not capture images during that time, it was just for guiding improvement and better polar alignment. Unfortunately, kStars was not configured to do logging as in my previous sessions I did run kStars/Ekos directly on the RPI4, but I was running into performance issues with capture & solve using this configuration - for this reason I switched to a MacBook Air running Ekos but wanted the guiding itself be done on the RPI4.  

Unfortunately, I cannot help with this issues until now, because I was to busy with other topics. :-) Next time I will have more detailed logs too. 

Regards,
Jürgen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
2 years 9 months ago #73540

• Thank you received: 1
Follow up:

Since my previous post I have upgraded to Kstars 3.5.4 on the remote machine and updated/upgraded the Astroberry.  I have not seen the crash and all seems to functioning properly.  Can’t say for sure the crash has been resolved as I’ve only had one night of imaging since the updates/upgrade. 

I can’t say thank you enough to all of you that manage and maintain the software. 
2 years 9 months ago #73869

Time to create page: 0.699 seconds