INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Raspberry Pi 3 Setup Script

2 years 4 months ago
rlancaste
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
Raspberry Pi 3 Setup Script #24170
Hi,

It probably should work fine because the script is mainly based on the fact that it is using ubuntu mate. There are some raspberry pi specific things, but those are more based on the image than they are based on the architecture.

Let me know how it works

Thanks,

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago
feilimb
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Raspberry Pi 3 Setup Script #24909
Just a quick update on this - I did not succeed to boot up Ubuntu Mate 16.04.2 on the new Raspberry Pi 3 B+ as it appears to need an update of bootloader / kernel. There is a thread discussion here:
ubuntu-mate.community/t/16-04-2-wont-boo...i-3-model-b/16210/11
The official download from Ubuntu Mate website for RPi has not yet been updated to support the new Pi 3 B+. I guess there is some way of updating on top of my current Mate install but I have not yet figured out how.

2 years 3 months ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Raspberry Pi 3 Setup Script #25048
In the latest version of the script (that I downloaded a few minutes ago) there are some sudos missing in lines 249 to 255. I get permission errors when I try to run the nmcli command as they are in the script.

ASI6200 and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro
ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R

2 years 3 months ago
rlancaste
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
Raspberry Pi 3 Setup Script #25057
You are running as sudo correct? It shouldn't need as many sudos if you are. Did you try to add them and did it work?

2 years 3 months ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Raspberry Pi 3 Setup Script #25058
Yeah I realised after I posted this that the script indeed probably should be run as sudo. And I don't do that, I just copy the parts I need from the script and paste them in a terminal. Adding sudo to the commands worked indeed. I was confused at first because most of the other commands in the script do have sudo prepended.

ASI6200 and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro
ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R

2 years 3 months ago
rlancaste
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
Raspberry Pi 3 Setup Script #25059
Yeah, the assumption is that you run the script as sudo due to the large number of sudo commands, but of course when you run the script as sudo, all the commands are run that way, so I don't always know which ones will need it. Please note that some of the commands will be totally wrong if you don't run it as sudo and won't show an error, such as who has the permissions of files.

2 years 3 months ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Raspberry Pi 3 Setup Script #25060
This indeed is always a tricky situation when creating scripts like this. In any case you have done a fantastic job on it! Thanks very much for making this available to us!!!

2 years 3 months ago
djibb
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Raspberry Pi 3 Setup Script #25081
I've just burn img 16.04 on a RPI 3... then I've applied your script...
All is working as I can see. Great job.
The only thing I had to do is setup ssh On.
Next week I will make some tries with real devices.

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds