Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jul 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.4 on 2018-07-25. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...

TOPIC: NanoPi M4

NanoPi M4 1 month 3 weeks ago #29154

www.friendlyarm.com/index.php?route=prod...th=69&product_id=234
I made the environment with Beelink-AP 34, OrangePi, RaspberryPi 3, but this SBC seems to be the best for INDI.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NanoPi M4 1 month 3 weeks ago #29155

• wvreeven
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 83
What criteria did you use to come to this conclusion? I opened the link you posted and it seems that the NanoPi M4 is highly configurable. What configuration did you use? And what configurations for the other three SBCs?

Modded Canon EOS 700D with a WO ZS 71 ED on a SW HEQ5-Pro /
QHY9 CCD and filter wheel with an 8" RC on a SW EQ6-R

NanoPi M4 1 month 3 weeks ago #29156

I did not have enough words.

I built three INDI environments, Beelink-AP 34, OrangePi, RaspberryPi 3.

It seems that this SBC has recently appeared.
Since there seems to be Ubuntu's environment already, it may be useful for those who make INDI environment in the future.
(I might as well get it ..)

NanoPi M4 1 month 2 weeks ago #29280

Quick question on NanoPi - where to buy, directly from friendlyarm? or is there any vendor that is reliably shipping to Europe? How about tax?

Btw: NanoPi looks fairly interesting, considering USB3 and RAM. Even more, it might allow using WiringPi lib - and thus running Astroberry-DIY drivers (there is a branch called tinkerboard, provided by Patrick, that allows usage of the wiringPi lib).

github.com/friendlyarm/WiringNP

Best, Helge

NanoPi M4 1 month 2 weeks ago #29297

Mr. HelgeMK

I advanced the purchase procedure, but the heat sink was out of stock, so I decided to wait.

Purchasing is possible from the link mentioned above.

However, as shipping fee and tariff seem to be added, the price will be much higher.

NanoPi M4 1 month 2 weeks ago #29314

The 4x USB3 is attractive to the users of newer USB3 cameras, but I wonder how much data the bus can really handle. With onboard WiFi, this might be an alternative to the Rock64.

NanoPi M4 1 month 2 weeks ago #29318

As with all things it depends on the architecture and the quality of the components. It may list its "got it all" but its how does it perform.

Wifi especially seems to be the real problem with these devices (including RPI's) so that's not normally found out until you start using it.

Hope you will post a review when yours comes :-)

Perhaps these manufactures could support Indilib by sending a free sample to see how it performs - LOL

RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????

NanoPi M4 1 month 2 weeks ago #29322

• PK
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
I like the four USB3 ports, as my NanoPc T4 has only one USB3, and two USB2 ports.
But the T4 comes with 4 GB RAM, plus 16 GB eMMC built in, and a PCIe*1: M.2 M-Key PCIe X4 socket for an Solid State HD.
Regardless, either machine would work great with KStars/EKOS. I turn on the power and have KStars on my T4 up and running and accessible with VNC in just 12 seconds (with Lubuntu. I am not sure how fast Ubuntu Mate would take).

Last Edit: by PK.

NanoPi M4 1 month 2 weeks ago #29336

Mr. PK

Can I easily set WIFI as an access point in the OS used in T4?

In the lightweight Ubuntu flavor used for SBC, this function is often unusable, and it is difficult to set up if it can not be an access point from the OS through the GUI. . .

Last Edit: by T-Studio.

NanoPi M4 1 month 2 weeks ago #29431

I was about to order the nanoPi M4 - one can chose between 2 and 4 GB RAM, the latter much more expensive. would 2 GB suffice already? compared to the RPi3, it is twice as much.

best, Helge

NanoPi M4 1 month 2 weeks ago #29433

• PK
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
If you are looking at getting similar performance to a RPi, then get the 2 MB. If you want to improve the performance buy 4MB.
As with anything, you get what you pay for. I upgraded to the NanoPc to get better performance, and USB3, so yes, I paid more.
But having 4 MB RAM, plus 16MB eMMC flash memory, and the ability to add a large SSD drive was worth the cost to me.

Re:NanoPi M4 1 month 2 weeks ago #29434

Will stellarmate OS run on this sbc?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica