INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Running Kstars/INDI from a Virtual Machine problem with ThirdLynx

• Thank you received: 7
I am trying to run ThirdLynx focuser from Kstars/INDI running on a Virtual Machine running Ubuntu. I am doing this because it is much faster to download large camera files this way 1.5 seconds vs 8 seconds. On the Ubuntu machine Indi does not see the focuser. Everything else works fine. This VM  is running on a MacBook Pro. I can run kstars natively on the Mac but it also doesn’t connect by default to the focuser. I downloaded the FocusLynx software from the Optec site and this APP can find the focuser and connect. Using  this App I got that the device name ThirdtLynx is on which is /dev/cu.usbmodem141301. If I run Kstars on the Mac and put /dev/cu.usbmodem14130 into Ithe Port setting on INDI this connects to the focuser. Now when I plug ThridLynx into the Mac it asked me if it should connect it to the Mac or to the Virtual Machine. It does this for every device I plug into the Mac If I say connect ThirdLynx to the virtual machine and look for it in bash on Ubuntu ThirdLynx does not show up in the list from the command lsusb. All my other devices do show up with lsusb i.e. my CEM70, Sony Camera, and ZWO guider are all there and accessible from Kstars running on the Virtual Machine. Not so the ThirdLynx.

Is anybody running Kstars on a VM?

Thanks

Kurt
2 years 8 months ago #74558

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds