INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Atik EFW2

• Thank you received: 3

Atik EFW2 was created by Vin

Hello,

Just a quick Q for the community pls.  Have the INDI/Atik driver issues that were giving a lot of people problems w Atik EFW2 (as well as a few cameras) as recently as 18 months ago been resolved?  Are ppl able to use EFW2 without any difficulties?  Just wanting to check before I pull the trigger on one of those!

Thank you,

Vin
2 years 6 months ago #75058

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Vin on topic Atik EFW2

I shall take silence as an indication of continuing problems (esp given this thread from 4 months ago) :)  Oh well, strange of Atik to only support Windows in this day & age but we are where we are.
2 years 6 months ago #75098

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Simon on topic Atik EFW2

Hi,

I am using the Atik EFW2 and it works flawlessly with Ekos.

Simon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vin
2 years 6 months ago #75114

Hi Simon,

I must be doing something silly.  When I try to connect the EFW2, the power works (the filter wheel cycles) but EKOS just doesn't see the FW - have tried USB connection directly to laptop and to camera USB port.  Did you ever encounter this?

Thank you,

Vin
2 years 6 months ago #75810

Hi Vin,

I am using the EFW2 with KStars/Ekos on a Raspberry Pi 4 running Astroberry Server 2.0.3. The EFW2 is USB connected via a Pegasus Ultimate Power Box (UPB) v2. The 12V power for the EFW2 also comes from the UPB. The filter wheel has run flawlessly from the first connection through different versions of KStars (starting from 3.4.3). 

I did have some problem with the filter wheel included in the Atik 6.0 and older Atik INDI driver versions. In that case the wheel was spinning and never stopped. That problem could temporarily be solved by purging the config file. Later versions of the Atik INDI driver did somehow solve the issue.

I never had a connection problem with the Atik filter wheels. 

I don't know, if that was any help to you. Maybe you could check, if any other device is blocking the USB connection the EFW2 is trying to establish. I think I had that problem with some INDI device before.

Good luck with connecting that EFW2. 

Simon

P.S.: A pic of the setup is in the attachments.

Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Simon.
2 years 6 months ago #75819
Attachments:

Thanks Simon, that's a nice setup - love the weatherproof box!

Hmm, my fear is that yes its the driver but I don't know how to update it (I presume that's an EKOS thing - not sure how I can update just one device driver within EKOS?).  I'm running 3.5.4 on a laptop - it doesn't look another device is trying to block it, it just doesn't see it (no USB blocked access messages arrive).  It clearly looks for the Atik b/c an error message comes up saying check the device is on (it is) & connected (it is).  But in the INDI Manager menu, there isn't even a tab for the EFW2 (normally even if a device is struggling to connect, it would have a tab there - but since that tab doesn't even appear, I'm thinking there may be a glitch somewhere where it knows it needs to find an Atik EFW2 but then...).

Frustrating :/
2 years 6 months ago #75826

Hi Vin,

at the moment I am running KStars 3.4.3 (I had to downgrade from 3.5.2 because the indi_usbrelay2_roof driver kept crashing). I took a screenshot to show you the driver version I am running. The EFW2 also worked with later versions of KStars, i.e. 3.5.2.

Are you running Windows or Linux on your laptop?

Simon

2 years 6 months ago #75857
Attachments:

Thanks Simon.

I use a Mac (Kstars 3.5.4).  But also tried direct connection to a RPi3 running Stellarmate OS (1.5.1 and Kstars 3.4.1).  No joy with any of those.  The Dashboard shows the Atik USB hardware being there (ie the USB cables are working - tried 3 & all good).  But when connecting w EKOS, that tab in the INDI drivers homepage doesn't even show.

I've conceded defeat I'm afraid - a FW shouldn't be this difficult to get to work (& it looks like lots of folks in other platforms have had problems w it on continued google searches) - will probably switch to a SX FW instead.

Thank you again!
2 years 6 months ago #75859

Hi Vin,

I am sorry I couldn‘t be of more help. Maybe I have a different revision of the EFW2. I hope you don‘t have much trouble to trade the EFW2 for the SX filter wheel. 

Simon
2 years 6 months ago #75860

Time to create page: 1.714 seconds