INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Finally made Ekos run Microtouch focuser under Mac

• Thank you received: 1
Well, I had the issue of KStars not detecting the microtouch focuser under Mac, while it worked fine under Linux. Here’s how I solved it.

First of all, the key was to download the USBtoUART Bridge VCP drivers from Silicon labs for MacOS:

CP210x VCP Mac OSX Driver from  www.silabs.com/developers/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers

Once installed, KStars 3.5.6 (under Mac Monterrey) detected the Microtouch focuser in Ekos. Hopefully it will be useful for other users.

Regards, 

Alfredo
2 years 4 months ago #78085

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
So I have been trying to post in all of the threads where people say focusers/mounts do not connect on Mac (every time I see one) that you need to make sure to install the USB to serial adapters are properly installed on your Mac.  This is not an INDI or a KStars issue, but it is an issue with your actual computer drivers seeing the serial connection.  Thank you for posting this information, this is very useful info.  I think to help future users, I might either edit the Getting Started document that I made and included in the DMG and/or edit the individual INDI driver pages (indilib.org/focusers/page1.html) on indilib with recommendations or maybe even links to drivers that would be required to use the INDI driver with that particular device or USB to Serial adapter.  But I can tell you now that I have no idea which ones are required to work with them, or even which drivers would have an embedded usb-serial adapter.  I only know for my own machine, as I remember, I had to install the FTDI driver for my Moonlight Focuser and I had to install a prolific driver for my USB to serial adapter I use with my mount.  But I would need to go searching again to find whatever driver I installed on my Mac to get to work.  I think I would need users who have the devices to tell me what hardware drivers worked for them so I can get the information to post.   Would this kind of documentation have helped you?  If so, would it have helped to have the information on the indilib driver pages, or the Getting started document or both?

Thanks,

Rob
2 years 4 months ago #78110

Rob

To include this info on both the documentation and the INDI driver pages would be a very good idea. It would have definitely helped, for sure.

Or even better, could the driver be included in the installation file for Mac? That would make it transparent for the user.

Regards,

Alfredo
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Alfredo Beltran.
2 years 4 months ago #78122

Works as well on M1 Macs
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Alfredo Beltran.
1 year 1 month ago #90431

Time to create page: 0.650 seconds