INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Moonlight/ MyFocuserPro2 focuser direction

• Thank you received: 14
Hi I am using myFocuserPro with Moonlight driver. This works fine on my refractor and Newtonian. I am now setting it up for a Celestron SCT. I would like to use a direct
connection between motor spindle and focuser knob. I'm using the Linear/SEP settings. The Celestron manual suggests that the last movement of the focus knob should
be in the anticlockwise direction, so as to move the mirror against it's own weight in order to avoid backlash/mirror movements. This means the "always in" movement 
of the Linear algorithm can be achieved if I reverse the meanings of in and out.
My motor controller is a fixed one I use with several motors/scopes, so I don't really want to reflash the Arduino
software each time I change scopes (there is an option in the Arduino code to reverse the  directions of in and out). I was wondering if there is a setting somewhere in Ekos/Indi  that I can swap the "in" and "out" definitions ?
Maybe the myFocuserPro2 has such an option ? I which case I guess I could move to using that.
Hope that makes sense ?
Thanks
Nick
2 years 3 months ago #78924

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi. Doing some more on this. I was looking to replace Moonlight with myFocuserPro2 since it is the same physical wiring (I hope)
but different firmware. I reflashed my focus controller with myFP2_DRV8825_312.ino - latest version at moment (DRV8825 with Aduino nano) and re-did my indi profile to pick up new driver. Unfortunately there is some discrepancy between indi man and latest indi:
Under INDI control panel->Options
Under Coil Power Off/On there in now no longer a Reverse Direction option. Did it move somewhere else ?
There are several option boxes that I cannot read as they don't print out fully in the QT window. Ba... - presume some backlash settings
which I cannot see (I'm using Linux mint 20 as my indi client).
I would like to check a Reverse Direction option when using my SCT as on this the motor is physically reverse of the configuration of my other scopes.
Anyone using this facility ?
Thanks,
Nick
2 years 3 months ago #78943

Found it. Reverse direction is under Main Control tab in panel. Mine reads: "Re...ion" !
N
2 years 3 months ago #78950

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Bernard on topic Moonlight focuser direction

Fixed an issue where the Agora RTM Web SDK could reconnect to the RTM system (with the connection status RECONNECTING) when the browser or tab was running in the background, if the RTM Web SDK was used in Chrome 88 or higher. 
2 years 3 months ago #79286

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds