INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

MyFocuserPro2 connection problems in latest indi nightly version

• Thank you received: 41
Hi,

I have recently been using the nightly download as I have been helping test the new Astro-Physics driver that Hy is developing. IWhile using this version I have had persistent failure to connect/recognise the MyFocuserPro2.

I am running the latest indi nightly KStars version on a RPi4 8GB booting Ubuntu Mate 21.10 via SSD. When running the stable KStars version there are no connection issues so this only relates to the nightly version.

I have attached screenshots to show that my RPI recognises the Arduino Uno in the MFP2 and shots of the focuser gui and port selector indicating that the MFP2 is not being recognised.
In the stable version the connection is established through /dev/ttyACM0. None of the usual serial ports for these devices are appearing as a choice and the enabling of port autosearch does not find the correct port so it is behaving as though the MFP2 is not powered or connected.
I have attached the log in case there are any clues. As this only affects the nightly version it is not a major inconvenience but I thought I should point out the issue in case this made it into the stable version.

Mike
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Spartacus.
2 years 2 months ago #80743

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This connection problem appears to extend to other arduino powered devices (DIY Flip Flat). Is anyone else having these issues with the current nightly build?

Mike
2 years 2 months ago #80775

I have found the solution for the issue of failure to connect arduino controlled devices (I think that this relates more specifically to Uno powered devices rather than Nano etc) to RPi. (For me this was MyFocuserPro2 and Flip Flat). So I thought that I would post the solution in case anyone else is encountering these issues
I installed linux-modules-extra-raspi then ran an update and upgrade

sudo apt-get install linux-modules-extra-raspi
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

This upgrade contains software that allows recognition of many of the modules in arduino devices. Everything now connects as expected.

Mike
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Spartacus. Reason: Clarification of Uno vs Nano
2 years 1 month ago #81528

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds