INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[Solved] Multiple ASI EAF focusers on one Indi server

• Thank you received: 20
Hi,
I have a Raspberry Pi running Astroberry. I have one ASI EAF focus motor on my WO GT81, riding piggyback on my LX600. I would like to add another EAF on the LX600 focuser. Is there a way to do that witth Indi/Ekos?
For that matter, can you use two focusers on Indi, regardless of what brand they are?
Thanks,
Dave
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by David Allmon.
1 year 11 months ago #82361

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Through experimentation, I've learned that multiple focusers are good, but it looks like the ASI driver only supports one focuser at a time. Because of this, I decided to buy a Pegasus Focus Cube 2 as the second focuser.
1 year 11 months ago #82420

• Thank you received: 133
That is similar to what I'm running, an EAF on the main scope, and an Pegasus DMFC on the secondary/guider. No issues with that.

I'd have expected that multiple EAF would work similar to multiple EFW. I have two, botha 5 and a 7 slot. If only one is connected it shows up as 'ASI EFW', if both are connected it's 'ASI EFW 0' and ASI EFW 1'. It's still easy to mess up the configuration though (I have a post here about that :( )
I think I never tried it with the EAF - I do have two of them, but at separate telescopes, so it's not an quick and easy test...
1 year 11 months ago #82422

Thanks for the info. I just assumed it didn't work, because only one showed up, even though I had two in Ekos. I didn't actually have 2 EAFs to test with. I guess it isn't like the ttyUSBxx interfaces, where the port just has to be there. It might well have worked if I had put a second EAF on the scope.
1 year 11 months ago #82424

Time to create page: 0.816 seconds