INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Smallest and simplest DIY focus controller?

• Thank you received: 62
Hi Radon!

So, I'd like to test this HAT-solution. Where do I find the driver for it? And is it correctly understood that I simply attach the HAT, start the Raspberry, load the driver, and it should work? No installation needed for the HAT itself? (not used HATs before).

Magnus
1 year 4 months ago #87799

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 20
Kevin has the source on Git (I will let him provide you the URL). The HAT plugs into the Pi using the many-pin header connector. You will need to remote into the Pi or connect a display, keyboard, and mouse to it so you can compile the driver there (the README for the driver has the details for that). There are some settings that you need in the INDI control panel for the motor control to work properly, most notably the delay -- my motor did not work at all without that. I used a somewhat earlier version of the driver which needed some constants changed in the source code, or at least I thought so :-). Pretty sure it's more of a turnkey thing now. The Waveshare board has several options for connecting the motor wires, including pin headers and screw terminal blocks. I bought a little RJ-11 breakout board, connected wires to that, and then just epoxied that to the top of the case. That way I can use phone cables to connect to the motor (which also has an RJ-11 breakout attached). But you could just wire it directly to the stepper motor if you prefer.
1 year 4 months ago #87809

• Thank you received: 102
The driver is here: github.com/k-ross/indi-wmh-focuser

There's a long thread about the driver in this forum. There are photos of some people's setups in there.
indilib.org/forum/focusers-filter-wheels...erry-pi-rock-pi.html
1 year 4 months ago #87846

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds