INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Set steps/rotation nitecrawler

• Thank you received: 0
Dear community,
I hope this is the correct subgroup.
Can anybody tell me how to set the correct ticks per revolution on the nitecrawler? The INDI nitecrawler site gives some instructions that aren’t clear and don’t work.
And before the question arises: I am working on a diy solution so yes the problem might as well be that none of the three original values fit.
Thanks in advance.
1 year 3 months ago #89689

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The only way to do this is to edit the source files and recompile with the new values since the values are hard-coded for the Nightcrawler official values. I suppose you can add a property to set it via the INDI driver as well.
1 year 3 months ago #89705

I do have the correct value in the Arduino code but it is recognised as 505960 steps/rotation of the WR35. I thought it is just necessary to set it in the INDI driver but I didn’t find out how to set it.
1 year 3 months ago #89711

Dear Jasem,
I know you are a very busy man but I can’t get my head around on how to edit the driver.
Can you do me a favour and nudge me into the right direction? I made the Arduino code by using an existing code to correct for my stepper/driver combination but unfortunately have no idea on how to write code. Is there any really simple tutorial I can follow?

Best,
Michael
1 year 2 months ago #89839

A friend was able to explain what you ment. I was able to change the values in the cpp file and recompile INDI. Unfortunately now it isn’t possible to connect any eqmod mount anymore.

I am officially lost.
1 year 2 months ago #89975

I added support for setting custom steps per revolution to this driver. Should land in INDI 2.0.0 due in a few days, but it's untested.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael
1 year 2 months ago #89976

Thank you very much!
1 year 2 months ago #90050

Dear Jasem,
Thanks for trying. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. All it does is give crazy values if I try to rotate, It doesn't even move.
Once I found out how to do it, it was easier to change the actual driver and compile it myself but unfortunately, also this doesn't work since I am mostly running on astroberries which doesn't give me the option because if I compile the drivers it breaks the eqmod driver.
Again, thank you for trying but it makes more sense to revert to the original driver.
Best,
Michael
1 year 2 months ago #90208

Time to create page: 0.772 seconds