INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Lacerta MFOC Driver Hangs Up When Relative Positioning

• Thank you received: 0
I use a Lacerta MFOC with firmware version 3.03. The MFOC is connected via USB to a Raspberry Pi 4, 8GB running Ubuntu Server arm64, 22.04 LTS (Jammy) as a INDI-host. So the Rapsberry Pi is where the indiserver runs. As clients EKOS or CCDCiel were used on a Laptop under XUbuntu.

When I issue a relative position command in the INDI Control Panel, the Lacerta MFOC reacts with a
strange and wrong absolute position (huge, unrealistic number). Further the MFOC stops any reaction and communication with the INDI-Client. No disconnection or re-connection is possible unless the Lacerta MFOC handbox is switched off and restarted.

The debug-log shows endless repetion of commands after the relative position command was sent.
The Lacerta MFOC driver process on the RPI4 hangs as a consequence even when the indiserver process was shut down. Killing the process and restarting the indiserver does not allow reconnecting the MFOC unless the handbox was switched off and on again.
If the library or the firmware of the Lacerta MFOC is responsible for the malfunction cannot be decided from my current state of insight.

A debug log from the RPI4 and a screenshot can be found in the attachments.
Thanks reading this and for providing this superb library as open source software!
If I can provide further assistance tracing the root cause of this issue please do not hesitate to contact me.
Martin
1 year 2 months ago #90100
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
The next release of Ekos/INDI will support the new firmware versions (3.1+) of the Lacerta MFOC (new driver name: lacerta_mfoc_fmc).

See: github.com/indilib/indi/tree/master/drivers/focuser

Please retest with an updated MFOC-controller and the new indi-driver for MFOC/FMC.

Best regards,
Chris.
1 year 2 months ago #90129

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds