INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Starlight EFS Connected but not Moving

• Thank you received: 11
Greetings.

I am only starting my journey of switching from Win/ASCOM to RPi/INDI. I have installed Astroberry and so far successfully tested the mount and both cameras.
However, I am having issues with the focuser. It is a Starlight Instruments HSM2 motor with their EFS controller. The equipment itself is fully functional.

The INDI connection itself goes smoothly, all indicators (in the control panel) are green. However, whenever I try to move the focuser, all I get is the status message that it is trying to move, but no movement is actually happening at all.
Using the FocusLynx driver did not work (it refused to recognize the equipment); plugging the focuser into other USB ports, including those on RPi itself, did not prove useful.

I am ashamed to admit, but I even failed to locate the logs. ~/.indi, ~/.local/share/kstars/logs, /tmp do not have anything relevant.
Could somebody please suggest how this situation could be debugged?

Thank you!
1 year 2 weeks ago #91570

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69
Check to make sure you have verbose logging turned on (with the LOG button) and to a file. At the bottom of that dialog window (which may need to be scrolled) there is an Open Logs Directory button. That should get you to the right spot.

Cheers
1 year 2 weeks ago #91578

Thanks.
I think a bit of confusion on my side happened due to running the remote set-up.

When I click the Logs Directory button in kstars/ekos running locally on the laptop, nothing at all opens. But all equipment is connected to the RPi, which is of course where the indi server is as well and where the logs should be, right?

So I guess I need to VNC into the RPi, open kstars/ekos and try the Open Logs button there.
I will try.

Ideally, once everything works, I would like to not have to VNC into RPi to run everything locally.
But looks like at the moment the Open Logs button is set up to open a location local relative to the button itself.
1 year 2 weeks ago #91581

• Thank you received: 2
Hi. Can you provide which Indi driver file you picked?
9 months 1 day ago #93995

Sorry for the delayed reply. I do not remember exactly what it was called, but at the time there was only one option that had "efs" in its name.
I have sold the EFS since then in favor of ZWO EAF, because a local company provided a bracket for it that allowed for installation on top/under the OTA rather than the usual protruding setup on the side.
8 months 1 week ago #94386

Time to create page: 0.652 seconds