INDI Library v1.8.6 Released (21 Aug 2020)

August 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.6 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

USB Focus dispatch error

3 years 9 months ago
geo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
USB Focus dispatch error #13054
Dear all,

since I had no success using indi_usbfocus_focuser with EKOS, I finally decided to start my own (experimental) driver project for the USB_focus_V3. I already submitted some code to Jasem. I think if he finds that the code fits the quality requirements of libindi, he maybe can make a version available for testing.

Best regards,
Georg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago
jpaana
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
USB Focus dispatch error #13063
I also started my own version using Moonlite focuser code as base and replacing the commands and some of the logic. Seems to work enough for EKOS autofocus to work and so on, haven't finished the temperature compensation changes yet. So it might be useful to combine the effort :)

Remote observatory running Ubuntu 20.04 x64 with ScopeDome 2M, Skywatcher EQ8, TS 8" RC, Atik 383L+, ASI178MC, ASI120MM-S, SX Lodestar X2, SX USB wheel with OAG, ZWO EAF, Gemini SnapCap, USB_DewPoint, KomaHub

3 years 9 months ago
jpaana
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
USB Focus dispatch error #13065
Pushed my initial version to github.com/jpaana/indi/tree/usb_focus_v3 if you want to take a look

Remote observatory running Ubuntu 20.04 x64 with ScopeDome 2M, Skywatcher EQ8, TS 8" RC, Atik 383L+, ASI178MC, ASI120MM-S, SX Lodestar X2, SX USB wheel with OAG, ZWO EAF, Gemini SnapCap, USB_DewPoint, KomaHub

3 years 9 months ago
geo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
USB Focus dispatch error #13074
My code is available at github.com/XXgeoXX/indi. Is seems that we pretty much went the same road. I also used the MoonLite focuser code as a basis for implementing the driver. The commands you send to the focuser controller look similar to mine. My code should basically be complete, including automatic temperature compensation, selecting rotation direction as well as changing the temperature compensation sign. However, since I only own one USB_focus_v3 and have no access to other samples, it up to now has only been tested with my device, having firmware 1505 installed on it.

Best regards,
Georg

3 years 9 months ago
jpaana
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
USB Focus dispatch error #13079
Thanks, yours does look more finished, I'll have a look and test as well, though mine is also with firmware 1505.

3 years 9 months ago
knro
Administrator
Administrator
USB Focus dispatch error #13080
I just merged the pull request, so it should be in the PPA build tomorrow.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
The following user(s) said Thank You jpaana

Time to create page: 0.712 seconds