INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

No v-curve with Focus Boss II (Feather Touch Digital)

• Thank you received: 72
Hi all!
Two years ago I became a member of a local Astrogroup-Aficionados. Since then I had the oportunity to upgrade our small observatory with all the devices required to do serious astrophotography. After I've got in contact with INDILib and Ekos I decided to try it the "linux-way"! Till today this was a quite stony way, but I managed to overcome all throwbacks and now it's an almost functional observatory.

Alas, there is a problem I have with the Focus Boss II. With the focus_lynx_driver I can activate the focuser and all seems o.k. As soon as I start the framing the v-curve-Diagramm looses the numbering of the tick-axis and begins to count the frames and never ends! I also noticed that the position of the focuser is not reflected in the ticks-couter of the focuser panel, whereas this works if I'm focusing manually.

I've already tried all possible settings and I would be happy if someone can give me some hints whats going wrong.

Sincerely
Toni
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Toni Schriber. Reason: Better subject title
7 years 3 months ago #13167

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

There is no V-Curve while framing, only when auto-focusing. Even in auto-focusing, you will never get a full V-curve, you'll most likely see half of it only as Ekos tries to finds the solution. It doesn't build a full V-curve and then interpolate the data like some other programs do, it performs iterative searching around the position of the minimum HFR value.
7 years 3 months ago #13176

• Thank you received: 72
O my! :sick: I am embarassed for the silly question. I should have seen this reading the documention thoroughly!
Many thanks for your answer.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Toni Schriber. Reason: Solved
7 years 3 months ago #13212

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds