INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Robofocus - What is 'Polling' Period

• Thank you received: 4
In the 'Options' panel of INDI client, there is 'Polling' - Period (ms)
The default value is 1000.
On my understanding this means every 1000ms the driver does query the position of the focuser.
After I set this to 50000 and save the configuration, the value changed but from the log I can see the driver kept querying position every 1 sec.
Did I misunderstand or this is a bug?
6 years 1 month ago #23969

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yes it's a bug in the INDI Stable build and is already fixed in GIT. So it will be in the next release of INDI Stable, or you can compile from GIT.
6 years 1 month ago #23971

• Thank you received: 4
thank you Jasem for your quickly reply.
When will you plan to release the new stable?
I want this feature because there is a Robofocus clone here. I can nearly make it work.
Only one issue is, there is a TTY timeout error after it moved (no issue of the moving). So the position is not refreshed. And the error always shows with "Bogus position:(00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00) - Bytes read: -1
I guess this device does not response any query command when it is moving. Maybe to increase the query period could help.

And also, I think the logic of querying position could be bug. It seems to jump into a dead loop after it failed a TTY connection.
It reads out -1 bytes every 1 sec (to the end of the world). This means some resources are not released and it does not do a clean reconnection. And there is no global timeout.
It should release the port and sleep for several seconds to reconnect to the port after a failure.
I'm sure it's a logic dead loop but not a hardware deadlock, because the device can still move after this 'timeout. Moving always works but position readout is dead.
6 years 1 month ago #23972

You can use the INDI Nightly build PPA or compile from GIT. If you can find exactly what the problem is, let me know.
6 years 1 month ago #23975

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds