INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

FocusLynx last focus Position not pulling from controller

• Thank you received: 2
For some reason INDI doesn't pull the focus position from the FocusLynx/Focus Boss II when you connect to it. Even worse when you connect it resets the focus position to "0" which forces you to manually focus to "0" and "sync" in INDI. The Default INDI behavior should be to pull the focus position from the Hub. Maybe add an option/check box to "Reset focus position to 0 on connect" if there is a situation that that would be preferred?
Stellarvue SVQ-100
Losmandy G11-GT
ASI-1600mm-Cool
PixInsight
Ubuntu 18.04
5 years 7 months ago #28233

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Do you have the verbose log for the connection? Is your focuser absolute or relative?
5 years 7 months ago #28258

See attached logs.

This is a link to the FocusBoss II controller. I think it is just a rebranded version of the OpTec: starlightinstruments.com/store/index.php...oduct&product_id=305

I just discovered that connecting to F2 also resets F1 to "0".

Thanks,
Scott
Stellarvue SVQ-100
Losmandy G11-GT
ASI-1600mm-Cool
PixInsight
Ubuntu 18.04
5 years 7 months ago #28266
Attachments:

Another feature that would be nice is to add options to disable temperature compensation during auto focus routines and then re-enable when complete. I'm not sure if it is good to have AF and T.comp running at the same time.

Unrelated to this issue a nice feature would be a setting to skip any auto focus routine that might be part of a Imaging sequence; If last focus < x min ago and/or temp change < 1 degree.

What I have noticed is that when setting up sometimes I will run an autofocus and then run a sequence and it will Autofucus when solving the location. Or for this do I just need to uncheck the "Focus" box in the profile for the sequence? that doesn't disable focus routines for time/temp change does it?

Let me know if you need any more information for the original focus position reset issue.

Thanks,
Scott
Stellarvue SVQ-100
Losmandy G11-GT
ASI-1600mm-Cool
PixInsight
Ubuntu 18.04
5 years 7 months ago #28441

Time to create page: 0.574 seconds