INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

OnFocus (Solved)

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Chris Alberts on topic OnFocus (Solved)

Paul

I can confirm that the driver is working in the dry test.

Yesterday i run in to a hardware issue a connection to power on the stepper module was broken. I think everybody recognize this the sky become clear and bang....... something is not working ;-) So Compliments and many thanks.

As newbie a question about the focus module. auto-Focusing how is that working. Based on a Vcurve like focus max ore is pure lo looking for the smallest HDF. And will it change the amount of steps when it reach near focus?

anyway super thanks

Chris
5 years 4 months ago #31630

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 27

Replied by PDB on topic OnFocus (Solved)

Hi Chris,
good to hear it's working now. Please take care in the first test to observe that it is not going passed the max positions. (It should not but you never know; I ruined 1 focuser some time ago not stopping in time. Stepper motors have a lot of torque and rack&pinions can be fragile)
Can't anwser your question on the autofocus. (Think there are different operation modes but not sure) Maybe someone with more knowledge about the ekos autofocus module can answer that.

Groeten uit BelgIe

Paul
5 years 4 months ago #31631

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Albert van Duin on topic OnFocus (Solved)

Hi Paul,

I finally tested my OnFocus hardware on Ekos today and it seems to work, thanks!
When I updated my Linux computer this morning, a lot of new and updated INDI drivers were installed, including OnStep.
Thanks again!

Regards,
Albert
5 years 4 months ago #31682

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds