INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Initialization of Sesto Senso

• Thank you received: 5
@Astrosnoesky

If you have the chance try your exact setup with the Primaluce Windows tool (you can do it at daytime - just focus on a belltower or anything similar reasonably far away) if the focus point is fix regardless of the focussing motion than it's perhaps an INDI related problem - if the problem persists, read on ;)

I'd suppose it is a mechanical problem.
First of all it seems to be some kind of backlash problem to me. Get sure, that you have a tight mechanical connection of the shafts of your SestoSenso and the focuser.
On the other hand don't overtighten the fixation of the Sesto housing at the outer barrel of your focuser.
Get the friction right and reassure, that no fixation-screw is accidentally tightened.

I hope you'll get it working soon...

Cheers Chris
5 years 4 months ago #31624

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
Thanx Chris i will try that.
5 years 4 months ago #31628

• Thank you received: 0
Hi jasem, I bought sixth sense and I'm using it connected to Raspberry with Ubuntu Mate used as server indi. When I connect to Kstars / Ekos it connects but does not allow me to set anything ... Any advice?
5 years 1 month ago #34399

What do you mean "does not allow" exactly? are you getting any error messages?
5 years 1 month ago #34406

No errors in connection, I attach a screenshot. the only parameter that I can change is offset, if for example I write a value type 5000 and press set the focuser starts going to the value. if I try to reverse the movement it does not always work in one direction. Even if I change the limits, this is not set ...
5 years 1 month ago #34431
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 140

What about when you control from the focuser tab within Ekos...? As that’s where to control it from...
5 years 1 month ago #34441

Hello, from the focuser tab the only thing I can change is the sinc. When I change the value of sinc, this is automatically written in absolute position and when I set the absolute value, the focuser moves. If I try to reverse the direction it does not work, it only moves in one direction. Is it possible that I have to set the values with the supplied software for windows and then save them in the sixth sense internal memory before using it with Ekos?
5 years 1 month ago #34453

If you move to position 5000, then to 4000, it doesn't reverse direction?
5 years 1 month ago #34454

Hi Jasem, I reread all the previous messages on this topic well and tried to initialize the sesto senso with the supplied Primalucelab software as rightly suggested by Lichtagent. Now it works well with Ekos, but I have not tried setting the minimum and maximum position limits yet. I will let you know for this new function that you have recently added. Thank you all for the excellent work.
5 years 1 month ago #34482

Hi all,
I have the same problem ...each time I switch off the "sento senso", Ekos forget the endpoint and replace it by the current position value . I use a PC (nuc Intel) under Ubuntu 18.04.

Only solution : connect it under Win10, and make a new "calibration"...
Is there another work around ?

Thanks a lot.
Regards,
5 years 1 month ago #35444

That's fixed by latest GIT and nightly PPA.
5 years 1 month ago #35445

Thank you Jasem. I'll search how to update from git or nightly ppa.

And...congrats and thanks a lot for the great job you do on Indi !

Best Regards,
5 years 1 month ago #35448

Time to create page: 1.494 seconds