INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Initialization of Sesto Senso

• Thank you received: 1
To switch to the Beta Channel (latest nightly builds) follow these instructions: www.stellarmate.com/support.html?view=kb&kbartid=5.

Make sure that you have calibrated your Sesto Senso with the PrimaLuceLab software. When you have started Ekos look at the INDI Control Panel that the Sesto Senso driver is version 1.3. Then you can go to an absolute position, focus in or out. But do not set the maximum position in INDI. This should work with the next version of the driver (1.4). Rishi is working on that.
4 years 9 months ago #39929

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Rene on topic Initialization of Sesto Senso

Awesome. Thanks. I'll give it a go tonight.

R
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Rene.
4 years 9 months ago #39930

• Thank you received: 2
@Rishi:

Are you sure that temperature issue has been solved in version 1.3? Mine is still not working the right way... SentoSenso read the temperature when started but nothing changes if I heat it with my hands (to test).

Thanks!

Paco L.
SkyWatcher AZEQ6-Pro
Meade SC8 UHTC
TMB 80/480 LZOS APO
Orion ShortTube 80/400
APM 50 sight & find
Meade ETX70-AT
QHY183M
ZWO ASI290MC
StarlightXpress Filter Wheel
SestoSenso Focuser
Pegasus Pocket Power Box
... More coming...
4 years 9 months ago #39937

Hi Paco,

my understanding is that it will be solved with version 1.4. With version 1.3 it does not work.
4 years 9 months ago #39938

• Thank you received: 56
The temperature issue is not solved in 1.3. I will include it when I publish 1.4.
Unless there is a very urgent need I don't want to generate another version with only the temperature issue solved.
I have a long weekend coming up so I hope to get 1.4 out by the end of the weekend.
4 years 9 months ago #39939

• Thank you received: 2
Rishi,

Thanks a lot for the clarification! I have been very busy these past days and probably has been a misunderstanding by my side... :-) It's not urgent at all...

Anyway, good job! Focuser is working pretty fine and consistently, without any overheating...

Thanks again,

Paco L.
SkyWatcher AZEQ6-Pro
Meade SC8 UHTC
TMB 80/480 LZOS APO
Orion ShortTube 80/400
APM 50 sight & find
Meade ETX70-AT
QHY183M
ZWO ASI290MC
StarlightXpress Filter Wheel
SestoSenso Focuser
Pegasus Pocket Power Box
... More coming...
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Francisco Labrador.
4 years 9 months ago #39940

I have a reply from PrimaLuceLabs.

The "#SMxxxxx!" and "#Smxxxxx!" are only intended to be used for calibration.
It's the calibration procedure that sets the correct direction for the focusser which is why there is no change direction command. So you cannot set the max/min position or direction outside the calibration procedure so it makes absolute sense to put this in our driver.

At least we now know that there is not a bug in the firmware of the focuser.

The sky has cleared up here and tonight and I want to capture Jupiter with my new toy, an ASI 224 MC so the driver will have to wait a little longer.
4 years 9 months ago #39958

Thank you for clearify this with PrimaLuceLab. That are really good news!

Hope you have success with the ASI tonight!
4 years 9 months ago #39959

I have removed some settings from the "Main Control" tab. I have only removed things that either did not work or messed up the direction. No functionality has been lost.
I have added a calibration section to the "Main Control" tab.
The first line tell you what to do and how to proceed to the next step.
The second line are the controls to either start the calibration process or proceed to the next step.
The third line are the controls you need for setting the minimum and maximum position of the focuser. Do not worry if you have to use the Move Out to actually move in or visa versa. The calibration process will ensure the correct directionality for the focuser. After the calibration Move In should move in and Move Out should move out.

I have tried to keep the process as close to the process in the Sesto Senso app as possible.

I am cleaning the code up a little, removing some stuff that is now redundant and doing some more testing. It all seems to work fine.
I have also made the change for the temperature display.

If testing goes well I will do my best to upload my changes to repository this evening.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Thompson, Nils Harnischmacher
4 years 9 months ago #39990
Attachments:

Took a little longer than I anticipated, those last few details cost me more time that I thought.
I will push my changes to the repository later today so version 1.4 should be available via the nightly build within a couple of days.

I considered putting the Calibration on its own settings page but since the focuser is a simple device I put the options on the Main page.
Once you start the Calibration process you need to finish it. I have not included an Abort option on purpose as it leaves the focuser in an undefined state.
I also only display the Move In/Move Out/Stop buttons when the Calibration process requires them. These are not required for normal operation and I think they are a little dangerous as they have to be able to go beyond the current Min/Max values.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Thompson, Rolf Meyerhoff
4 years 9 months ago #40059

Thank you very much! That sounds great! I will test that as soon as possible and give a feedback.
4 years 9 months ago #40060

Changes have been approved so 1.4 will be in the next nightly build.
Let me know how it goes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Nils Harnischmacher
4 years 9 months ago #40135

Time to create page: 1.354 seconds