INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

myFocuserPro or myFocuserPro2 and INDI

• Thank you received: 3
I would highly recommend a minimum polling interval of 1 to 2s, there is absolutely no need to poll so often and you need to remember polling places an overhead on any focuser driver, especially an arduino using serial comms.

Regards
Robert
4 years 7 months ago #43061
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 14
I have spent the whole evening trying to remove the Poll period control, but failed :( I can however force the poll period to be whatever (1000ms) I want in a constant, but not happy until either the control can be overridden or removed. I will ask in the another thread about this.
4 years 7 months ago #43238
  • Thank you received: 15
Hello

I've compiled and installed the myfocuserpro2 indi driver from the github fork: github.com/ajt68/indi (looking to do some tests)

What are the steps to make the device visible as a selectable option from ekos?
Screen capture attached for reference

4 years 7 months ago #43317
Attachments:
Hello

Any steer on how I can get this new focuser driver installed?

I seem to be facing a challenge having the driver show up in ekos as a selectable focuser option

I'm running the Stellarmate 1.4.3 build on a Raspberry Pi 4/4Gb with Ubuntu Mate

I followed the steps here to get the latest ekos/kstars build on Ubuntu Mate:
www.indilib.org/download/ubuntu.html

screen captures below:

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Acapulco Rolf.
4 years 6 months ago #43694
Attachments:
Thank you for the report. While the driver was indeed merged to INDI library, the XML driver entry was missing. So the next INDI nightly should have it now. Sorry about that!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acapulco Rolf
4 years 6 months ago #43695
Thanks Jasem

I rebuilt from the git source and all appears well now

Will now do some testing :)

4 years 6 months ago #43707
Attachments:
Update:

Got MyFP2 focuser connected via indi now

Gotta put some time in to do some testing at some point after I get my head around focus control and v curves in ekos

4 years 6 months ago #43773
Attachments:
@ajt68

Thanks for building this new indi focus driver

I'm currently doing some tests with the new driver

One initial observation is that I see the "timeout" error message as shown in the screen capture when first connecting
Is this something to worry about?

4 years 6 months ago #43790
Attachments:
Update:

Interestingly, I've tried a few more connect/disconnect cycles of the focuser and am not able to reproduce that "timeout" error anymore...

4 years 6 months ago #43793
Attachments:
Update:

Ran a quick test to move the focus position between two points, the 3080 step position (focus) and the 5000 step position
The focuser moves as expected between the two points but I do observe errors "Unknown error" being reported as shown in the screen capture

4 years 6 months ago #43795
Attachments:
Update:

Observations so far:

It seems as though the focuser "Max Position" settting gets "lost" from having the focuser initially connected to the MyFP2 Windows client (Windows 10) and then subsequently connecting the focuser to ekos under Ubuntu Mate (Raspberry Pi 4/Stellarmate)

The solution was to manually set the Max Position via the ekos GUI
Subsequent connections of the focuser in ekos, seem to then retain the Max Position setting

There appears to be some disconnect in how the Absolute Position of the focuser is maintained following a disconnect/reconnect of the focuser via the ekos GUI

On a reconnect the Absolute Position of the focuser appears to reset to 0

Manually entering the last known focus position via the ekos GUI and then using the Sync option in the ekos GUI to set the focus position seems to solve this issue

This behaviour and "remedy" appears to not be consistent though.
Currently stuck with the focuser recording a 0 absolute focus position on the focus controller LCD and ekos reporting a different Absolute Position

Subsequent errors are thrown in the ekos status window as shown in the screen capture below when attempting either in or out focus moves via the ekos GUI

4 years 6 months ago #43904
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 27
Hi,

I had developed a driver for Myfocuser2 (and I think solves all the above issues) Due to some health problems I never placed it into IIdi. I can still provide the sources, but will not maintain it.

Please let me know.

Paul
4 years 6 months ago #43906
Time to create page: 1.394 seconds