INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

myFocuserPro or myFocuserPro2 and INDI

• Thank you received: 0
Odriod - had to google that - looks like a better solution than a RPi and still not that expensive...
All in one box (including battery) is where I want to end up too, eventually.

Some pictures would be appreciated...
RPI 3 B+ with Stellarmate OS.
SW200P on HEQ5Pro, Canon 550D, ZWO ASI2120MC
5 years 2 weeks ago #36447
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 41
There are some pictures and an explanation on IceInSpace. Here is the link
www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=173159
I run it off a 10amp 12 volt power supply but have used a 100AH battery too. I am always a bit cautious pulling everything off 1 battery supply although no real reason why it would not take it.
By way of explanation the large square thing on the box is a cooling fan as the odroid can get a bit warm and so can the dew controller. This is thermostatically controlled from the dew controller pcb temp so keeps it all nice and cool in our summer heat in Queensland.
The Odroid is significantly more powerful than the RPi and uses USB3. The downside is the heat.
Cheers
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: David
5 years 2 weeks ago #36507
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Paul
Robert here. Am willing to help or further develop the INDI driver you started. Am author of myFocuserPro and Pro2. If you still have the sources/time would like to progress this.

Regards
Robert
5 years 17 minutes ago #37079
  • Thank you received: 27
Hi Robert,

that is great. Only one problem... I am in hospital at the moment and don't have access to my main computer and sources. Might take a while before they release me here, I will contact you via PM on this forum when I am back in business. (Would like to discuss a few things with you anyway).

Kind regards,

Paul
4 years 11 months ago #37162
  • Thank you received: 420
Get well soon, Paul. I hope it’s nothing serious.

Wouter
4 years 11 months ago #37165
No problem, get well and rest
regards
Robert
4 years 11 months ago #37197
Hi Paul
If you are up to it, I would like to see what can be done to progress the INDI driver for myFocuserPro2.

I can be contacted on Yahoo e-mail at brown_rb
'
Regards
Robert
4 years 8 months ago #40635
  • Thank you received: 14
Hi guys, I was following this thread with interest, but decided to have a go myself. The hardest part so far was getting a development environment working, which I eventually achieved!

Since then I have created a MyFocuserPro2 driver that is based on the moonlite and currently implements the following
Move functions (In, Out, Target, Sync, Current Position, Max position)
Step mode (full - 1/32),
Coil Power (On Off)
Motor speed (1,2,3)
Display (On Off)

I will try and implement "Reverse Direction" tomorrow time permitting.

I have not done anything regarding temperature, as I have not got this option enabled on my focuser, and so cannot test it.

The biggest issue I will have is actually getting this code into the project, and any help with would be greatly received, but not quite there yet.

What would people suggest are the 2nd layer functions that perhaps I should try to implement, if any, that MyFocuserPro2 supports?
4 years 6 months ago #42822
Hi Alan,

Thanks a lot for your work, it's greatly appreciated! Can you tell us why setting the development environment was difficult? If it is difficult, we need to improve documentation and HOWTOs to make it easier.
4 years 6 months ago #42912
I have just spent 5 minutes writing a response, including some of the install issues and an update to progress, to only loose the reply when submitting!!!!!

I clicked "I'm not a robot", then "Submit". Next a Captcha popped up, which I clicked. The captcha disappeared, and so did my post, and I was presented with an infuriating message to complete "Captcha" before posting!!!
4 years 6 months ago #42915
I think I have found a bug in this forum interface. If you click "I'm not a robot", followed by submit (before the captcha appears, then the post is lost. Interestingly, I don't have the "Captcha" visible for this post.

Anyway, back to the important stuff, I have coded the "Reverse motor" function, and plan on doing some pre-sets on the main page for 1,10,100,500.

I am developing on a desktop, intel processor, (I did try and do it on my raspberry Pi, but struggled, and will start a new thread about this). I would like to test my code on the Raspberry Pi, but not sure how to proceed. Can I just take the intel compiled code and run it on the Raspberry Pi (arm processor)? If so what files do I actually need (I have an extensive Windows programming background, but almost zero Linux programming).
4 years 6 months ago #42916
No you need to recompile on the raspberry pi, or use a cross-compiler. So just use sftp or git clone (if you are using git to host your code) and then run cmake and then make.
4 years 6 months ago #42945
Time to create page: 0.835 seconds