INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

myFocuserPro or myFocuserPro2 and INDI

• Thank you received: 14
I've double checked the code and it looks like everything is as intended. Tested too!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acapulco Rolf
4 years 5 months ago #44521
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 15
Thanks Alan

About to run some sanity test on the latest MyFP2 indi driver build (version 3) against the v2.91 focuser firmware

Before I run any tests, I took a quick look at the MyFP2 indi driver source code on git

You mentioned that:

" I will then make the base firmware check equal to or greater than 291."

It looks like the minimum firmware version check is as follows:

Is this as intended?
4 years 5 months ago #44533
Attachments:
Ah, I see the issue now

The commit for myfocuserpro2.h on your git fork
github.com/ajt68/indi/tree/master/drivers/focuser

is ahead of the commit on
github.com/indilib/indi/tree/master/drivers/focuser
4 years 5 months ago #44534
OK lets regroup, my last commit is not what was intended!!!

I did a merge and believed I made the correct changes, then committed and did a pull, at which time I was told I was up to date. So I assumed because my changes were correct at my end, then that is what was committed.

I have just realised this is not the case, and the only change was the version number!!!??? This was discovered whilst setting up an AstroBerry, and pulling the latest nightly, I noticed my changes were not there.

So I have two file on my development end, that need to be committed via a pull request?
I guess the steps are
1. Create a commit (should I do some sort of sync first, and if so what should I do?).
2. Create a Pull Request at the head end, and associate the above commit?

I won't do anything until I get some feedback, as this is how I started getting in this mess, and can't understand why only the version number was committed?

TIA.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Alan Townshend.
4 years 5 months ago #44544
So no feedback on what to do so I have just tried another commit and pull request and again a conflict, but I think I have now pushed/pulled the code I intended (version 0.4)
4 years 5 months ago #44652
Nice one Alan

I see your (v 0.4) commits from yesterday on your git fork to the following code files:

myfocuserpro2.h
myfocuserpro2.cpp

Just waiting for these to be reflected in the main branch now

Perhaps Jasem can support on that

Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Acapulco Rolf.
4 years 5 months ago #44671
Attachments:
I merged the PR, can you check now?
4 years 5 months ago #44674
I have visually checked the main master branch code, and it looks like all my changes are in.
4 years 5 months ago #44693
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Alan

I really appreciate your efforts.

In terms of myfp2, the standard should be that commands are :xx and terminated with #, commands being 2 characters long (maybe followed by parameters of variable length). This shouldve been consistent from 2014 and I cannot really understand when and if it ever changed to less than 2 [in which case the firmware wouldve rejected the command]
You can rest assured this will not change.
There is as I understand it, no plans to add or change commands in the forseeable future. There should be no reason to change the test for firmware version (at 291) for any future release. At present there are also no plans to add additional features in the pipeline, for 2 reasons - we are running out of space, and effort is now redirected to use the esp8266/esp32 based chips (which solves issue1 running out of space).

v292 is in testing but its only cosmetic changes.

Hope this helps
regards
Robert
4 years 5 months ago #44702
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Chris
Not quite that simple as a command can be a command or a command that also includes parameters which are variable lengths
Accepting that commands are two characters, then conversion to an int type value based on those two chars and thus switch(cmd) becomes easy
Regards
Robert
4 years 5 months ago #44703
Thanks Alan and Robert and Jasem

Gave version 4 of the MyFP2 indi driver a sanity test run last night

Not the best night for it with the clouds rolling in, but gave it a shot

Video below of a focuser test on Caph.
Clouds made a mess of the V curve, but otherwise a good outcome

One observation, not confined to version 4 of the indi driver, but seems to be an issue on versions 1,2,3 and 4:

The focuser "Absolute Position" and "Max Position" fields do not always show the current values
both on the focuser settings page and also on the indi focuser page

See highlighted fields in the screen captures below for reference

Seems somewhat inconsistent as the two values do sometimes persist after a closing then re-opening
the indi/ekos windows but the values do not always seem to survive a full shutdown/restart of indi

Focused on Caph

Focuser firmware version 291
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Acapulco Rolf.
4 years 5 months ago #44758
Attachments:
I had a proper play last night, though still quite cloudy, and could not get the issue with losing absolute and maximum position. Even powering everything down and starting again, all values were retained as expected.
Could you try with a completely fresh install, and again see if you can come up with a sequence that will reproduce the error you are seeing?
4 years 5 months ago #44848
Time to create page: 0.950 seconds